+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Schedule A question?

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
I submitted my Schedule A form as requested by email to the visa office which emailed me.
it has been now 5 days, however, my Express Entry application status is still indicating: your action is required!

I sent a msg through the CIC web form, but it clearly mentions they will not reply if my application is within normal processing times.

Am I missing something? should I try to email the visa office again?
-----
another question: does this mean I m close to PPR email? hopefully?

Thank you all.

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
sent a msg through the CIC web form, but it clearly mentions they will not reply if my application is within normal processing times.

Am I missing something? should I try to email the visa office again?
-----
another question: does this mean I m close to PPR email? hopefully?
Sometimes it takes a while before they update the status. Getting a Schedule A request is kind of a positive sign that your application is moving but no one knows how far away from PPR you are. Stay patient and you will get it eventually if everything you provided can be verified. Good luck!

Reactions: Ahmed_2001

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Sometimes it takes a while before they update the status. Getting a Schedule A request is kind of a positive sign that your application is moving but no one knows how far away from PPR you are. Stay patient and you will get it eventually if everything you provided can be verified. Good luck!
Thank you for your reply. :)

what made me worry, is that their email stated in a red bold font I should email back the form within 15 days.
and since my status didn't change after emailing the form for 5 days now I thought they -CIC- is not yet aware I did email the required document.
and continue not to be informed for the rest of the 15 days and then consider me failed to submit the form.

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Thank you for your reply. :)

what made me worry, is that their email stated in a red bold font I should email back the form within 15 days.
and since my status didn't change after emailing the form for 5 days now I thought they -CIC- is not yet aware I did email the required document.
and continue not to be informed for the rest of the 15 days and then consider me failed to submit the form.
Yes i understand your anxiety. Dealing with CIC is stressful but things take time. If you submitted it then it's on their system...it will be updated, just stay patient.

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yes i understand your anxiety. Dealing with CIC is stressful but things take time. If you submitted it then it's on their system...it will be updated, just stay patient.
Hi again, Thank you for your time answering my worries.

Their tone about the consequences of failing to submit was harsh and this makes worry they may not be aware I submitted the form.
as my status is still unchanged as we delve into the 7th day

is there an expected timeframe for the status to change from "your action is required"? the number of days?
thank you again

hawaii78

Jan 5, 2020
Upload Schedule A in your account not webform.
Open your "uploaded documents" and you can see ADR .
Don't forget to submit.

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Upload Schedule A in your account not webform.
Open your "uploaded documents" and you can see ADR .
Don't forget to submit.
hi, thank you for your reply. I logged in to my account and I found a new button for uploading "Schedule A".. as you mentioned.

but the instructions I received were exactly the following:
This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office.
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be
required to be sent by email:
(X) Complete and return the attached Schedule A

this is strange: I was not aware I should also submit through the application page itself!

so i should upload it now ? right?

hawaii78

Jan 5, 2020
hi, thank you for your reply. I logged in to my account and I found a new button for uploading "Schedule A".. as you mentioned.

but the instructions I received were exactly the following:
This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office.
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be
required to be sent by email:
(X) Complete and return the attached Schedule A

this is strange: I was not aware I should also submit through the application page itself!

so i should upload it now ? right?
Both ways.
Maybe official work at some workdays ,so you didn't see any response now.

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Do both, send by email the attached Sch A from Cairo VO & also upload the online version on your account in the place where it was opened to you.

Ahmed_2001

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Do both, send by email the attached Sch A from Cairo VO & also upload the online version on your account in the place where it was opened to you.
thank you for your reply.

I did upload it now on the website.
and the application status changed to: Submitted
Also ADR status changed to: Not applicable
BG status is still the same: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

what does this mean if you have any idea?
or let me say: what happens next?

Last edited:

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
thank you for your reply.

I did upload it now on the website.
and the application status changed to: Submitted
Also ADR status changed to: Not applicable
BG status is still the same: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

what does this mean if you have any idea?
or let me say: what happens next?
This means you are on the right track Ahmed. They received your ADR.