After PRTD Issued

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello Everyone,
We applied PRTD for my wife related H&C ground. It is approved and issued. She has 6 months to use one entry visa.
Currently I am temporary resident in Canada as worker ,my wife too. We are in our hom country for vacation. What happens if we will travel together,and if she will come back to home country after a week?
I am planing to go with her and receiving her PR Card by mail. Then I am planing to send it to her in our home country.
Please advise. Does she need to wait in Canada while processing PR Card?
I prefer her to stay in our home country,if it is a problem for Transportation Canada, we would prefer to bring her at the end of summer.
Thanks for suggestion.
Regards

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So she applied for PRTD with H&C maybe due to an expired PR card or failed residency obligation or both. Now planning to return to Canada try to apply for a new PR card then leave straight away to home country but not reset residency obligation ? Just asking given if she failed to meet residency then I have a feeling that she might need to stay for 2 years to reset before applying for a new card but others can confirm

Last edited:

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Sounds like she is asking for a revocation. PRTD with H&C gets her back, but it doesn't mean a free pass. She leaves the country a week or so later, and there is a chance she could have a new determination done when coming back in (since it can be done every time entering country).

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
We applied PRTD for my wife related H&C ground. It is approved and issued. She has 6 months to use one entry visa.
Currently I am temporary resident in Canada as worker ,my wife too. We are in our hom country for vacation. What happens if we will travel together,and if she will come back to home country after a week?
I am planing to go with her and receiving her PR Card by mail. Then I am planing to send it to her in our home country.
Please advise. Does she need to wait in Canada while processing PR Card?
I prefer her to stay in our home country,if it is a problem for Transportation Canada, we would prefer to bring her at the end of summer.
Thanks for suggestion.
Regards
She does not need to be in Canada to receive the PR card and it would be perfectly fine for you to mail it to her. However, if she is not meeting the RO, then the PR card will not be issued and she could be reported when she tries to re-enter Canada (after PRTD).

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Pickle,
Thanks for kind respond. I changed my opinion. She will be waiting for PR Card. My question related your respond is; We already knew that she does not meet RO . Also,it is known by IRCC and Embassy. We again declared to embassy regarding not to meet RO obligations, but we also provided them excuses.
They issued PRTD.
While she is passing the border via airline, she will have same responds if any question and determination comes from immigration police.
Within this frame, is there still possibility for gettibg PR Card?
Regards