+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After PR application

BABLUSHTAN

Jun 5, 2016
Dear Gurus, I need your help.

Here is my situation: I've received an ITA on19th of October, got an up-front medical exam on 14th of November, and submitted my PR application on 25th of November. Furthermore, I also got a job offer from one of the local Canadian banks and (as my current work permit expires on 31st of December) I used that offer to apply for the bridging open work permit on 29th of November.

The problem is I have 2 weeks left in Canada and want to stay here and wait for the results of my PR application. I am afraid that I won't get the work permit extension because haven't heard from them. What do you think, should I apply for the visitor visa too?

Thanks a lot for your help and Merry Christmas.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
BABLUSHTAN said:
Dear Gurus, I need your help.

Here is my situation: I've received an ITA on19th of October, got an up-front medical exam on 14th of November, and submitted my PR application on 25th of November. Furthermore, I also got a job offer from one of the local Canadian banks and (as my current work permit expires on 31st of December) I used that offer to apply for the bridging open work permit on 29th of November.

The problem is I have 2 weeks left in Canada and want to stay here and wait for the results of my PR application. I am afraid that I won't get the work permit extension because haven't heard from them. What do you think, should I apply for the visitor visa too?

Thanks a lot for your help and Merry Christmas.

So you have applied for a work permit extension? You can keep working and staying in Canada until you get a decision on your application. This is called implied status. But I'm curious did you get AOR from your PR application? Because you said your applied for a bridging open work permit right?

BABLUSHTAN

Jun 5, 2016
Yes, I've received an AOR. This is the one that you get immediately after applying for PR. I know some people say that this isn't quite the AOR and you need to get a second one (which was the case before). However, in the letter (in AOR) it says I can use it for applying for the bridging open work permit.

But the problem is, I am currently not working and all I have is a job offer. I am afraid that the response will be negative and I will have to leave Canada. Do you think that I should apply for the visitor visa too?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
BABLUSHTAN said:
Yes, I've received an AOR. This is the one that you get immediately after applying for PR. I know some people say that this isn't quite the AOR and you need to get a second one (which was the case before). However, in the letter (in AOR) it says I can use it for applying for the bridging open work permit.

But the problem is, I am currently not working and all I have is a job offer. I am afraid that the response will be negative and I will have to leave Canada. Do you think that I should apply for the visitor visa too?
Well AOR is usually like EPXXXXXX. But sure you can apply for a visitor visa if you want. Although you are given 90 days of restoration which allows you to stay in Canada but can't work until you restore your status.

BABLUSHTAN

Jun 5, 2016
thank you for the reply.

Can you please give me more information about the restoration period? Where can I get an information about it?

thanks again.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

You can go onto CIC and lookup restoration process. By the you said you have a work permit now right? Is it a closed or open work permit? Because if its closed then yes you'll have to wait for your application to be approved. If its open, then you'll be under implied status and continue working for any employer.

BABLUSHTAN

Jun 5, 2016
Thanks a lot. Yes, I have an open work permit.

I have another question, and hopefully you have an answer to that: in my bridging open work permit application the status of the application was "OPEN" and now it is "ON HOLD". Is it a good sign or something that I should be worried about?

Thanks again for your help.