November 8, 2013
AOR Received.
November 19, 2013
Med's Done....
October 24, 2013
Passport Req..
June 4, 2014
Hi Guys!

Just wondering if there has been a case of being denied a visa after PPR? I thought when the embassy asks for passport they are done with all the checks and its just for visa issuances now. Its taking so looooong!

Thanks.

bishoo1

Star Member
Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LA & ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2008
Med's Request
1st Medical November 2012 - Re Medical April 2014
Med's Done....
November 2012 - April 2014
Passport Req..
18th July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
20th August 2014
LANDED..........
30th August 2014
Jaapu Anne said:
Hi Guys!

Just wondering if there has been a case of being denied a visa after PPR? I thought when the embassy asks for passport they are done with all the checks and its just for visa issuances now. Its taking so looooong!

Thanks.
What was your Ecas status before sending passports and what is now ?

Jaapu Anne

Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 8, 2013
AOR Received.
November 19, 2013
Med's Done....
October 24, 2013
Passport Req..
June 4, 2014
bishoo1 said:
What was your Ecas status before sending passports and what is now ?
Hi Bishoo!

Complied with all requirements June 9, 2014. My status then and until now is still "application received"

I can see we share the same filing and PPR dates. What is yours? (if you don't mind me asking)

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
same with us i mean we are one month later than you guys, but its been exactly 1 month since my wife sent passport to CEM and still her status on E-CASE hasn't changed, i don't know what to think either, I mean few folks in here stated that any week it will change, maybe we all panicking too early but until i see that E-CAS has been changed, we are still all on the stand still :(.

M

mikeymyke

It happens more often than you think, never assume a PPR means you're getting a visa. I've seen plenty of people here get interview after PPR.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
mikeymyke said:
It happens more often than you think, never assume a PPR means you're getting a visa. I've seen plenty of people here get interview after PPR.

What ????
:eek:

M

mikeymyke

Here is one person that I clearly remember had it happen to him. I remember only because he has a Vietnamese wife, as do I

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/Spacely84-u489179.html

Search his old posts. I feel really bad for him because he was so excited, then he became worried after her documents got sent back, then he became utterly devastated, you can tell when he says "This is the worst day of my life"

Also, my wife searched on some Vietnamese forums, and told me she saw 2 cases where some people had interview after PPR. I'm guessing these people passed the relationship test, but maybe something about their criminality is an issue, or the VOs discover something recently that they want to address.

Bottom line is, never assume you get visa until you actually get it.

Jaapu Anne

Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 8, 2013
AOR Received.
November 19, 2013
Med's Done....
October 24, 2013
Passport Req..
June 4, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Here is one person that I clearly remember had it happen to him. I remember only because he has a Vietnamese wife, as do I

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/Spacely84-u489179.html

Search his old posts. I feel really bad for him because he was so excited, then he became worried after her documents got sent back, then he became utterly devastated, you can tell when he says "This is the worst day of my life"

Also, my wife searched on some Vietnamese forums, and told me she saw 2 cases where some people had interview after PPR. I'm guessing these people passed the relationship test, but maybe something about their criminality is an issue, or the VOs discover something recently that they want to address.

Thanks for the post. What a nightmare! I wish that no one here gets to experience this. Really bad!!!

ayayombo

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
24-02-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
mikeymyke said:

Why raise someone's hope only to dash it?