+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

after PPR (visa exempt country)

Bruzi

Oct 11, 2019
Hi all!

We have received our golden e-mail and it has caused some confusion.
As for visa-exempt country citizens, we don't need to submit our passports.

Our biggest confusion is:
After they process the data that we send them (pictures, photocopies of passports) for PPR, do they send us CoPR back as a physical letter or as an e-mail? Is this something we need to have printed once entering Canada for the first time?

We are wondering because we have changed the address since applying and not sure if we need to worry about changing our return address.

There were some other confusions, for example, there's a phrase:
For citizens using an online account AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your online account.
I am wondering if this letter suggests that the information that we have uploaded when applying to PR (on AOR state) is enough because nothing has appeared on our application online to upload new files to. To be honest, we don't mind sending all additional documents in the mail too just in case, but if anybody knows the answer maybe it might be helpful for others?

If anybody knows, I would really appreciate some help!

SarunasB

Oct 30, 2019
Hi,

I just went through the same as you.

I sent the photos by mail and uploaded passport photocopy and Appendix A via a webform. Received confirmation of receipt from IRCC about 4-5 days later.

Still waiting for my CoPR which I'm sure will be a printed document. I think there will be 2 copies, one with photo which will be kept by the officer once you land in Canada for the first time, you will keep the other as proof of PR until you get your PR cards.

PS

There is absolutely no harm if you include the documents in the mail as well as upload via Webform

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi all!

We have received our golden e-mail and it has caused some confusion.
As for visa-exempt country citizens, we don't need to submit our passports.

Our biggest confusion is:
After they process the data that we send them (pictures, photocopies of passports) for PPR, do they send us CoPR back as a physical letter or as an e-mail? Is this something we need to have printed once entering Canada for the first time?

We are wondering because we have changed the address since applying and not sure if we need to worry about changing our return address.

There were some other confusions, for example, there's a phrase:
For citizens using an online account AND from a country that is exempt from obtaining a visa to Canada –Please mail/courier only your photos (see ‘STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS’ above). All other information must be uploaded to your online account.
I am wondering if this letter suggests that the information that we have uploaded when applying to PR (on AOR state) is enough because nothing has appeared on our application online to upload new files to. To be honest, we don't mind sending all additional documents in the mail too just in case, but if anybody knows the answer maybe it might be helpful for others?

If anybody knows, I would really appreciate some help!
Its a physical document which comes with an expiry date and destination