+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After one year of waiting, I get contacted by case processing agent telling me I have a missing document!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Good Day all

I applied in May 2021 , my background check took 10 months to be completed after i applied and just did the ctizenship test
last month.

Now a case processing agent sent me the following email?

Sir/Madam,

You are receiving this notice because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs supplementary evidence from you to process your citizenship application. Your file is missing Foreign Police Certificate. Please submit your original copy of Foreign Police Certificate by mail ONLY

You are receiving this notice because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed information from you
to determine if you meet the physical presence requirement to become a Canadian citizen.

You must provide the required documents within 30 days from the date of this notice. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act
contains provisions to treat this application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not providing the
information requested. It is therefore very important that you contact IRCC if you cannot gather the required information within this
timeframe. You may contact IRCC by contacting us at the address found on this notice.

Applicants 18 years of age and older are required to provide a police certificate from each country (other
than Canada) in which they have spent a total of 183 days or more in a row, since the age of 18, in the 4
years prior to the date of application.

As declared on your application, you travelled to country X (my home country) from
2017 to 2018 (270 days outside Canada). Please provide your police certificate from country Y( here they mentioned a country i have never been to before in my life!)

REQUEST: Foreign Police Certificate – Country X.

Please experts help with my questions :

- Does this letter means IRCC is questioning my physical presence? !!!!!!! or they are simply lost the police certificate!!!!!!

I replied to IRCC telling them the following

- First I explained that I actually sent my police certificate with my application ! and sent them a copy of the original police certificate which was sent a year ago!

- Second I explained to them that the dates they declared in their letter of my travelling to my home country are actually wrong !!! they even made a mistake at end of the letter asking for a police certificate from another country which i have never travelled or been to!!!!!

- till now I got no reply , The agent sent me the email from his own IRCC email so I'm crossing my fingers he would answer me.
- It is really difficult to get a police certificate from my home country as there is no way but to travel to my country again but i guess i will end up doing that if there is no reply from them !

- my bet is they simply lost the police certificate ! otherwise how did i get my AOR, Background check and Citizenship test completed without them seeing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any advice what i should do , thank you for your input?

Last edited:

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
anybody please?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Good Day all

I applied in May 2021 , my background check took 10 months to be completed after i applied and just did the ctizenship test
last month.

Now a case processing agent sent me the following email?

Sir/Madam,

You are receiving this notice because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs supplementary evidence from you to process your citizenship application. Your file is missing Foreign Police Certificate. Please submit your original copy of Foreign Police Certificate by mail ONLY

You are receiving this notice because Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) needs more detailed information from you
to determine if you meet the physical presence requirement to become a Canadian citizen.

You must provide the required documents within 30 days from the date of this notice. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act
contains provisions to treat this application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not providing the
information requested. It is therefore very important that you contact IRCC if you cannot gather the required information within this
timeframe. You may contact IRCC by contacting us at the address found on this notice.

Applicants 18 years of age and older are required to provide a police certificate from each country (other
than Canada) in which they have spent a total of 183 days or more in a row, since the age of 18, in the 4
years prior to the date of application.

As declared on your application, you travelled to country X (my home country) from
2017 to 2018 (270 days outside Canada). Please provide your police certificate from country Y( here they mentioned a country i have never been to before in my life!)

REQUEST: Foreign Police Certificate – Country X.

Please experts help with my questions :

- Does this letter means IRCC is questioning my physical presence? !!!!!!! or they are simply lost the police certificate!!!!!!

I replied to IRCC telling them the following

- First I explained that I actually sent my police certificate with my application ! and sent them a copy of the original police certificate which was sent a year ago!

- Second I explained to them that the dates they declared in their letter of my travelling to my home country are actually wrong !!! they even made a mistake at end of the letter asking for a police certificate from another country which i have never travelled or been to!!!!!

- till now I got no reply , The agent sent me the email from his own IRCC email so I'm crossing my fingers he would answer me.
- It is really difficult to get a police certificate from my home country as there is no way but to travel to my country again but i guess i will end up doing that if there is no reply from them !

- my bet is they simply lost the police certificate ! otherwise how did i get my AOR, Background check and Citizenship test completed without them seeing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any advice what i should do , thank you for your input?
This is sounding like a scam. Did you ensure this is coming from IRCC? I doubt they'd make a mistake like that. If I were you I'd call their hotline and check the correspondence! try to ensure it comes from them before doing anything!

Reactions: iceman55

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Are they stupid?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Poilice certificates have validity dates. 6 months to 1 year. May be you are asked to resend a fresh one because its over a year.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
This is sounding like a scam. Did you ensure this is coming from IRCC? I doubt they'd make a mistake like that. If I were you I'd call their hotline and check the correspondence! try to ensure it comes from them before doing anything!
Hi and thank you for your reply, It is not a scam at all!! it is from IRCC official email?

Reactions: saou17

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Poilice certificates have validity dates. 6 months to 1 year. May be you are asked to resend a fresh one because its over a year.
I dont think that is the reason because for my wife it wife it was a year and a half old and they processed her application!!

Plus if that is the reason , why dont they simply say it is expired? they clearly stated the word "Missing" !

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Update: after one week of replying to the officer I did not got any reply!!!

I guess the only way is to issue a new police certificate and just send it as I believe the office wont reply to me ?

There is a phone number in the letter but i wonder if it worth to call and would he even remember my case if he answers but i doubt it.

Reactions: shz86

shz86

Apr 4, 2020
Update: after one week of replying to the officer I did not got any reply!!!

I guess the only way is to issue a new police certificate and just send it as I believe the office wont reply to me ?

There is a phone number in the letter but i wonder if it worth to call and would he even remember my case if he answers but i doubt it.
Wondering to ask you if you ended up calling and following up on your case?