+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After OINP Nomination, Permanent Residence Portal or Express Entry?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Same boat here, I sent my application for OINP (job offer: worker stream) this week and I've been doing some research on what happens next. Following.

Jan 12, 2018
Hi.. see my responses below. Suggest you do a thorough research and post a thread in this forum to get other views as well.

1. Do you know which is the most common document they ask for ? or its case to case basis.
I have no idea since I wasn't asked any. They may not ask anything but if you feel there was a weak area in your application, be ready. Most likely ties with Ontario causes problems. Fingers crossed that this doesn't apply in your case.

2. Once they start the assessment of the application ,will i be getting any mail or I need to keep checking the portal for the progress ?
You will get email only when they issue nomination. Until then keep checking the portal.

3. How much time typically PCC takes to be done from India in your experience ? Should the address on PCC needs to be matching with Passport(no one stays there) or can I provide adhaar card address which is the place my parents are staying. ?
I recently applied for my India PCC and according to BLS, processing time is 4-6 weeks. It depends on police clearance from India for which we can't do anything. Re. your address, suggest you speak with BLS. They will suggest the best option. For a fast process, PCC address needs to exactly match with passport and there shouldn't be any existing criminal record. Check the PCC form filling instructions available on BLS website (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/police-clearance-certificate.php). Somewhere there is also a sample filled form available.

4. Someone talks about the birth certificate also to submit, I dont have any and I came to know BLS provides it, not sure if again how much time it will take and should I wait for nomination before proceeding for the same ?
Yes, you need to submit birth certificates for all family members. Suggest you apply for birth certificate now as it will be required in any case.

5. I have a Notarised Marriage affidavit(which is provided for WP also and it worked) from India and no Marriage certificate, will it work here ?
No idea. Only IRCC can tell. You can submit this and in the meantime, arrange one from India if required..

Hope this helps. Please do get other views as I am not an expert.

Reactions: anuj0712

anuj0712

Dec 20, 2023
Hi.. see my responses below. Suggest you do a thorough research and post a thread in this forum to get other views as well.

1. Do you know which is the most common document they ask for ? or its case to case basis.
I have no idea since I wasn't asked any. They may not ask anything but if you feel there was a weak area in your application, be ready. Most likely ties with Ontario causes problems. Fingers crossed that this doesn't apply in your case.

2. Once they start the assessment of the application ,will i be getting any mail or I need to keep checking the portal for the progress ?
You will get email only when they issue nomination. Until then keep checking the portal.

3. How much time typically PCC takes to be done from India in your experience ? Should the address on PCC needs to be matching with Passport(no one stays there) or can I provide adhaar card address which is the place my parents are staying. ?
I recently applied for my India PCC and according to BLS, processing time is 4-6 weeks. It depends on police clearance from India for which we can't do anything. Re. your address, suggest you speak with BLS. They will suggest the best option. For a fast process, PCC address needs to exactly match with passport and there shouldn't be any existing criminal record. Check the PCC form filling instructions available on BLS website (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/police-clearance-certificate.php). Somewhere there is also a sample filled form available.

4. Someone talks about the birth certificate also to submit, I dont have any and I came to know BLS provides it, not sure if again how much time it will take and should I wait for nomination before proceeding for the same ?
Yes, you need to submit birth certificates for all family members. Suggest you apply for birth certificate now as it will be required in any case.

5. I have a Notarised Marriage affidavit(which is provided for WP also and it worked) from India and no Marriage certificate, will it work here ?
No idea. Only IRCC can tell. You can submit this and in the meantime, arrange one from India if required..

Thanks a lot for all the inputs. I will check and get back if any more queries.

Regards

anuj0712

Dec 20, 2023

Just one input or confusion from my side about PCC, as the mentioned address at Passport is locked now (vacant flat) since we are here and no one is there to bribe the police. Heard without bribe it never works.
In your case , does this worked without bribe ?

Thanks much!

Asim123

Jan 3, 2024
Dear All,

I am very confused now as I have received my provincial nomination and so 600 points added to my express enrry profile. And also I have received ITA too on 18th December. My problem is my spouse had been refused from Qubec nomination in 1999 before our marriage. And I answered 'No' to question "Have you or anyone including in this application ever refused to entry or visa to Canada". My husband had completely forgot while we were filling Provinicial nomination application but now in our final eAPR we aee willing to disclose this refusal to avoid misrepresntation. But problem is if we disclose it now in eAPR that would be inconsistant to our provincial nomination application. What should I do now? Should I let the province know about this mistake or shall I just disclose only in eAPR application. If let the province know now whould it be any negative impact on my application? Please please advise I am very much stressed at the moment

cherian2

Feb 12, 2024
I have received my nomination for my masters stream and I applied in IRCC website. It’s been 2 months , I am still waiting for my AOR…
My question is I will get the biometrics request only when I receive my AOR?