+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Landing Procedures Questions

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,

To give a background of my case, I have been living in Canada since 2012 on WP. I have a temporary SIN (starting with 9). My wife is in a visitor visa (she has TIN, getting CCTB & UCTB). We have OHIP coverage. Now we are in the final stages of getting PR. I'm collecting information on things we need to do after landing as PR. Few things which I know of are listed below, but I'm not sure about many things. Opening this new thread so others will also benefit out of it.

Things to do after landing:
1. Apply for New SIN - Documents
a. Original Passport, CoPR, Any Landing papers, Old SIN card?
3. Update Bank with new SIN
4. Update Employer with new SIN & Status

I'm not sure about the following: (Please share your experience/knowledge)
1. Documents required for Landing (Passports, CoPR - anything else?)
2. Apply for OHIP - Do we need to apply for new OHIP Card?
a. Documents required to get new OHIP - Passport, CoPR, Any Landing papers, old OHIP cards?
3. Do we need to update any information for CCTB and UCTB?
4. Do we need to update information for Drivers License - I hold a G license.

Thank You in advance.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, lot of views but no comments. That makes the query either too complicated or way too simple. Not sure which side I am. Guys please help me understand.

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jee786 said:
This forum especially for CEC applications . Although those after landing things fall into the category but most of the people anxiously waiting to get their PR first, then they can think something else. that's why you are not getting replies.

I am sure very few people think about after PR stuffs without getting the PR confirmation, I mean after landing safely.
Thanks Jee786, I can understand. I'll post this in other forum.

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
cecstatchk said:
Hello Seniors,

To give a background of my case, I have been living in Canada since 2012 on WP. I have a temporary SIN (starting with 9). My wife is in a visitor visa (she has TIN, getting CCTB & UCTB). We have OHIP coverage. Now we are in the final stages of getting PR. I'm collecting information on things we need to do after landing as PR. Few things which I know of are listed below, but I'm not sure about many things. Opening this new thread so others will also benefit out of it.

Things to do after landing:
1. Apply for New SIN - Documents
a. Original Passport, CoPR, Any Landing papers, Old SIN card?
3. Update Bank with new SIN
4. Update Employer with new SIN & Status

I'm not sure about the following: (Please share your experience/knowledge)
1. Documents required for Landing (Passports, CoPR - anything else?)
2. Apply for OHIP - Do we need to apply for new OHIP Card?
a. Documents required to get new OHIP - Passport, CoPR, Any Landing papers, old OHIP cards?
3. Do we need to update any information for CCTB and UCTB?
4. Do we need to update information for Drivers License - I hold a G license.

Thank You in advance.
Hi,

I think I can help you with this:

Living here on my 2nd work permit since 2010, OHIP coverage. No dependents.

Landed March 23 at Pearson. Since it was after midnight, the Service Canada booth was not open – I understand that during their opening hours, you can complete the SIN renewal process right there and then.
For someone working downtown, I recommend to use the below locations of Service Canada and Service Ontario, I was very pleased by how efficient the process was.

Here is what I did:
1) Service Canada: Went to the location that is open only on Mondays before 3 pm at the Metro Centre (King and John). I arrived right after lunch break and there were a few people in front of me. The whole process still only took 20 minutes.
You need your landing document (COPR with the stamp on it), your passport, and you hand in your old SIN card. Since March 31, no more SIN cards are produced. You just get the print out with the number of your permanent SIN on it (doesn’t start with 9 as the temporary one).
2) Service Ontario: Went to the 777 Bay Street location. Arrived just after 8 am and had 0 minutes waiting time. One form to complete and they take a new photo. I brought the COPR with landing stamp, my passport, my driver’s licence (for proof of address) and my old OHIP card. Again, a very friendly person and I was done in 10 min.
3) Communicate new SIN number to the employer so they can update their files/payroll
4) Communicate new SIN number to the bank. This may make things like credit card limits / credit lines etc. less complicated going forward.