+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

after landing in Canada

mani780

Nov 7, 2012
Hi,
Pls someone tell me the list of things to do after you have reached Canada. Since am already here.....

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mani780 said:
Hi,
Pls someone tell me the list of things to do after you have reached Canada. Since am already here.....
did u visit the university? go to the international students office of ur university they may give u a better idea what u need to do...also try to find someone from ur university who could help u as well

rg2012

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
did u visit the university? go to the international students office of ur university they may give u a better idea what u need to do...also try to find someone from ur university who could help u as well
I agree. A few things you'll need to work out:

* Your visa work restrictions - you may not be allowed to work while on a student visa...you will need what is called an "Off Campus Work Permit". Check to make sure you need it and how you should apply for it.
* Your health insurance - most likely you will be on a group insurance at your school
* If you can, build up your credit history. You won't need it immediately, obviously, but it will come up once you start getting settled in.
* Make sure you have some bills that come to your door each month. This will be important when you begin your PR process down the road.
* If you plan to be in Canada long term (i.e. immigrate), understand what you need to do. It can get confusing coz there are so many categories out of which only a few or maybe just one that you can realistically apply under.
* A SIN card - see if you are eligible.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mani780 said:
Thanks. But my college will open only by jan2
well then talk to people find out about the city..find out places u can stay ....where u can rent etc.....find out about transportation ....go to university u may be able to see the campus etc