+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After got PR card which benefits new immigrants of Sk got ?

saima malik

Nov 19, 2015
If I move from Sk to onterio can I sponsor to my family in onterio? If I sponsor to my family can they will get PR card after some weaks?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saima malik said:
If I move from Sk to onterio can I sponsor to my family in onterio? If I sponsor to my family can they will get PR card after some weaks?
Not so easy. If you want to sponsor your spouse or dependent children, it will take some months. I think the current processing time is listed as 17 months. If you want to sponsor your parents and their children under the age of 19, you can only apply after you have shown sufficient income to support all of your family in Canada and you need to have maintained that income for 3 years. Even with that, there is a quota for parents and it fills up in the first couple of days every year. Even with that, the processing time for parents is something like 5 years. And you are responsible for your parents financially for 20 years after they get PR. If they go on welfare or disability during that time, you have to pay it back to the government. Your minor siblings, you are financially responsible for until they turn 25 or for 10 years whichever happens first.

As for other relatives like adult siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews etc. you can not sponsor them.

However, if they are skilled people and you live in Manitoba, you can support their application under PNP. It will give them extra points if you do and make it easier for them to qualify to apply on their own.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
saima malik said:
My grandfather brother live in Toronto last 6 years can he sponsor to my father and mother?
Does he have any relatives at all in Canada (wife, children, brother, sister, parents, uncle, aunt, cousin, etc)? If he has any relatives in Canada, he won't be able to sponsor your parents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Getting a Canadian passport will take longer than four years. You have to wait at least four years to apply for Canadian citizenship (longer if you spend any time outside of Canada). You then have to wait additional time for the citizenship application to be processed and approved before you can apply for a passport.

saima malik

Nov 19, 2015
Thanks guys (1) can I visit for short periods in my home country after get PR card?or I have to spend 4 years in Canada and (2) I can't travel for getting citizenship between 4years?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
saima malik said:
Thanks guys (1) can I visit for short periods in my home country after get PR card?or I have to spend 4 years in Canada and (2) I can't travel for getting citizenship between 4years?
You can certainly visit your home country. However the more time you spend outside of Canada the longer it will take for you to qualify for citizenship. To qualify for citizenship, you need four years of residency in Canada in the last six years before you apply.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
saima malik said:
can you tell me what weather like to land in saskatoon??
So you haven't even landed yet, and you're already asking about welfare?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
saima malik said:
What's a problem ketag? These are my questions and nice persons giving me answers .
The point of having proof of funds requirements is to avoid permanent residents on welfare. Likewise, when sponsored, your sponsor has to agree to pay the cost of welfare you receive.

The point of permanent residency (economic class) is to give people a chance to establish themselves economically here in Canada. Welfare is not supposed to be one of the reasons that people come to Canada.

Personally, I value Canada and the Canadian economy. It's why I immigrated here. People coming here to use the system, rather than to improve it go against the spirit of the Canadian immigration system (as evidenced by the fact the system is designed to deter it).

Immigration is hard, and many immigrants end up going home when they fail. They work hard, they struggle to find jobs, and despite their best efforts, it's not good enough. Some people go through a lot of money only to find they are unable to find a job in their field, or earn enough money in survival jobs.

Your language proficiency does not seem to be very good. It looks like you went through the Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), which lets the province allocate a select number of invitations to people who are going to help fill the unique needs of Saskatchewan. If that is so, you would be taking a slot from that program (which requires an intent to live there), but you are asking about moving to Toronto. If so, that would be an abuse of the system, taking a slot from someone who would use it as intended.

You ask about the PR Card "value and benefits", and whether you can get the same benefits in Toronto and the rest of Canada. The value of the card is that you can live and work in Canada. It's not a debit card where you can demand money from the Bank of Canadian taxpayers.

I, like every other Canadian Taxpayer, contribute to a social safety net. We take care of each other, recognizing that things happen - an injury, an illness, a pregnancy. We pay taxes (fairly significant taxes) for the privilege of knowing that if we are injured in a car accident, or our spouse dies, that others will be there to take care of us, and in turn, we pay for that privilege.

It's one thing for a person who tries their hardest and fails to need a helping hand back up. It's another to come here looking for a handout.

Saskatchewan requires proof of settlement funds - for a family of two, it's $15,000. This is money you have to have yourself in order to prove that you can survive on your own for a while. It's designed to give you time to establish yourself and find a job. They require you to create a settlement plan to help with this.

Their program has three main categories - skilled worker, Experience, and Entrepeneur/Farm. Experience is intended for people living and working in Saskatchewan. Workers are for people who intend to work in Saskatchewan. Entrepreneur is for people intending to start businesses in Saskatchewan. Even the Family referral program is intended for people who intend to work in Saskatchewan, and have support from their family there.

I don't know what your consultant has told you, but it can be very difficult to find a job in Canada. If you are highly skilled, and in a decent industry, and speak the language (English/French) well, it's quite possible to succeed, but many people fail because they are missing one of those parts.

Welfare/benefits are not very good, and the government will not assign you a job (nor do the consultants most of the time). When you land, you will need to bring proof of the money that you have, and you will need to spend it to establish yourself - it can easily cost thousands (or tens of thousands) to live until you can find a job.

There is some relief for child care, but that comes in the form of a tax credit - you get back some of the taxes you paid from your work income.

There is a reason that getting a nomination is hard, and generally requires good qualifications, family connections, or a job offer - these are the things that lead to economic success. Consultants who claim that they can just get them for a price are lying, or criminals - in either case, not good people to work with.

These are my questions and nice persons giving me answers
They are, but they are not the right questions to be asking. Permanent Residency is an opportunity, not a gift, and reading through these forums will show you just how many people fail, despite having a good opportunity.

In addition, as immigrants, we are all invited guests. It is rude (and inappropriate) to take advantage of our hosts. If you come, come because you want to make Canada better, as well as your own life.

saima malik

Nov 19, 2015
ok ketag but i want to tell you are rude person.dont need to give me answers.thanks leon and scaylla for giving me answers and guide me proper way and decinently

saima malik

Nov 19, 2015
Hello guys I need help I have got uci number and also at February 2020 my medical had done but 15 days before suddenly my status shows nathing means I entered my uci number but it not showing my profile.i am worry .any one have any idea about that

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys I need help I have got uci number and also at February 2020 my medical had done but 15 days before suddenly my status shows nathing means I entered my uci number but it not showing my profile.i am worry .any one have any idea about that
It's not clear what you have applied for.