Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long can one delay landing in Canada after getting PR visa stamped? What is the maximum time limit?

nanji

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That means if you get your Visa stamped on the passport after 8 months of your medical you have 4 months to land in Canada?

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanji said:
That means if you get your Visa stamped on the passport after 8 months of your medical you have 4 months to land in Canada?

YES

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanji said:

Yes it is true,

nanji

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the response.

One more question: Just in case if I want to delay my landing, do I have an option to go for medicals again? Is there an expiry date on the visa, irrespective of the medicals? I have tried to search related information but cannot find on this forum or in the instruction guidelines.

Thanks in advance for replying

Nanji

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can complete the landing process and return to prepare for final move to Canada.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nanji said:
How long can one delay landing in Canada after getting PR visa stamped? What is the maximum time limit?
Your 'landing' has nothing to do with your 'meds' or anything else. It is 'directly linked' to the 'Visa Expiration'*. You must land on or before the Visa Expiry date.

*The 'expiry date' of your visa will be written on it [on the visa/s]. It's another matter that the Visa Expiration is linked to:
1. The date of your meds, or
2. The pp expiry of yours or any of your family members;
3. Whichever of the 2 is earlier**.

**In 'neck-n-neck' dates of meds expiry [nearing 1yr] to visa issued, the CIC might give a grace of 2-3 months 'extra' visa validity, beyond the meds expiry date.