09/11/2014
Doc's Request.
CC CHARGED ON 12/01/2015
Nomination.....
PER RECVD ON 20/02/2015
AOR Received.
25/02/2015
IELTS Request
sent already with application (Lis-8.5,reading 7.5, writing 7, speaking 7)
File Transfer...
26/02/2015
Med's Request
02/05/2015
Med's Done....
11/05/2015
Interview........
medicals received 20/05/2015 Decision made 26/08/2015
Passport Req..
PPR- 05/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/09/2015
LANDED..........
NOVember mid its white christmas for me
im secondary applicant, my wife is PA, we have some complications with our relationship, after getting PR card, we may file for divorce in future, does it impact on my citizenship, will there be any problem?

Prince.Karim

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014 (though sent on 29-09-2014)
Doc's Request.
26-8-2015 (submitted on 11-09-2015)
IELTS Request
submitted alongwith application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
Soon!
Med's Done....
Soon!
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon!
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
not sure abt complication but sorry to hear abt ur relationship. hope all gets well!

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
CANADA DREAMZ said:
im secondary applicant, my wife is PA, we have some complications with our relationship, after getting PR card, we may file for divorce in future, does it impact on my citizenship, will there be any problem?
So if it will,what will you do?not divorce her?
I suggest you seek a lawyers advice

Mabertia

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
07-09-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2016
LANDED..........
29-07-2016
Sorry to about your case, seek legal advice from Campbell Coren the owner of this forum. Best wishes!!!

CANADA DREAMZ said:

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you are not separated before landing or have reconciled before landing, you will land as a PR and even if you may later divorce, it will not affect anything.

However, if you are already separated and do not reconcile before landing, you landing without informing the visa office about that could be seen as misrepresentation and cost you your PR if immigration finds out.

Here is what immigration has to say about separation:

All family members, whether accompanying the principal applicant or not, are required to be examined unless an officer decides otherwise. Normally, an inadmissible family member, whether accompanying or not, would render the principal applicant inadmissible. There are, however, two exceptions to this rule described in R23. The first is the separated spouse of the applicant and the second is where a child of the applicant who is in the legal custody of someone other than the applicant or an accompanying family member of the applicant, or where someone other than the applicant or accompanying family member of the applicant is empowered to act on behalf of that child by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law.

If an applicant’s separated spouse or their children who are in the custody of someone else are inadmissible, their inadmissibility would not render the applicant inadmissible. Because separated spouses can reconcile and custody arrangements for children may change, examination is required in order to safeguard the future right to sponsor them in the family class. If these family members are not examined, they cannot be sponsored in the family class in the future under R117(9)(d) unless R117(10) applies.

Satisfactory documentary proof of a separation and of custody being with someone other than the applicant is required. A separation agreement or custody papers are examples of acceptable proof.

Officers will not issue a permanent resident visa to separated spouses, common-law partners or children in the custody of someone else, even if they are examined. This is because separated spouses and partners are not members of the family class as per R117(9)(c) and because children in the custody of someone else are non-accompanying family members.
The above is from an operational manual called OP2 for family class.

So the way it looks, if your wife were to tell the visa office that you have separated, they might want to cancel your PR visa but keep the option open for her to sponsor you later in case you reconcile.

asad.naqvi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Toronto, Ontario.
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014 (Rcvd. by M.KRSZWDA)
Doc's Request.
Updated forms & PCC : 14-03-2016
Nomination.....
25-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2016
LANDED..........
24-09-2016
CANADA DREAMZ said:
If you can compromise for the sake of your PR then why not for your relation. I wish you both sort things out . . . Otherwise things will end in just regrets.
Best wishes for both of you and sorry for interfering in your personal matter. Its a brotherly advise.