Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering.. after receiving first stage approval from CPC-M and the file being transfered to POS(Trinidad).. How long after would I be able to hear anything?.. and what it is the general processing time overall usually?

Thanks! ;)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
POS already sent you AOR? Are you sure about this?

The waiting begins

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
No Hun, not POS.. Mississauga did, mentioning that the file was transfered on May 12/10..
So my question is, after how long will be the next notice?

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
So, you haven't yet received Authorization of Receipt (AOR). This is issued when POS acknowledges that they have received your file and it's now in process. Mostly though, most of the information in the letter is BS such as processing times and contacting the office.

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Ohhhhhhhh thank you! my misunderstanding... yeah, how long all that will take I meant.. :p

I

iarblue

Its anyones guess after miss. sends your file to your visa office your visa office will send out a letter stating they recieved and are now processing it,how long it takes to get your PR is anyones guess.But go to Immigration Canada website it gives you processing times and you can check the process with the 8 digit client number they gave you.
The information you will enter here is the person doing the sponsoring not the applicant so if your husband is sponsoring you then you enter his last name date of birth,country he was born in and it will show you your .http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp ( this is process times ) https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en (app process)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Sometimes AOR is granted and other times they just never send it which leaves you in a loop hole to wonder what is happening with your application.

POS from my experience takes about 3 months to issue the AOR with your new BXXXXXXXXX File number which you will use to contact the office for inquiries.

In their AOR, they will say things like the application will take anywhere between 6 - 12 months to process and if you don't hear from them in 3 months you must contact them to inquire of the status of your application.

Of course it's all BS as usual. Been there, done that after the 3 months and still had to keep bugging them via email to get answers.

It takes them an average 28-30 days to answer an inquiry and they only answer the most recent inquiry. For instance, if you keep emailing them each time asking a question, you will only get the last email you sent to them answered. Therefore, you should try as hard as possible to include all your questions in one email.

At the same time, they still don't provide you with answers to all your questions.

I have reached my 9 month mark with POS and so far I only have information that "your file is in queue for a scheduled interview. At this time, no additional documents are needed. We thank you for keeping your communication with this office at a minimum"

Calling over the phone is useless because they do not provide any case specific inquiries over the phone. They clearly say that you have to Fax, Email or Write to the office.

Lastly, POS is the slowest office in all of the Americas. I was told that they send all the rookies to that office to work and you know how complicated and stressed it can be working with rookies.

And so we all still wait :(

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
I'm scared now :'(

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
DO NOT BE SCARED HUN

I was too in the beginning just thinking about all these extended time periods but trust me, you will soon over come your fear of this sponsorship hell with CIC.

Always remember that you are not the only person going through this. There are many others in a far worse off situation then yours could be right now such as really long processing times at VOs or getting documents submitted to their respective VO. Each case is different and you should not stress.

Just breathe, breathe, breathe ... we are all here to help you through this.

Do you talk a lot to your hubby? We talk to each other for hours over Skype (cheap rates) and email 24/7

Lemme know, I can provide you with some more Skype information. I totally understand the feelings of being apart for so long.

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
We talk alot through Yahoo, emails, text, phone, facebook.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
This is great! Just keep proofs of it all even if your emails and FB msgs are inappropriate for others to read. I strongly suggest Skype. It'll save you a heck of a lot of money.

Does he have DSL services in GT?

I

iarblue

You dont need to show the messgaes you send just the page of your inbox where it shows message from who ever.It shows date time and who sent it copy your inbox and sent to show theat you are going back and forth.
Skype logs,phone logs,

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
that is a great idea but how would CIC know that you are talking about the relationship or about your personal matters and not something business related such as paying the person to sponsor you back to Canada?

I think it's still far better going through your emails and include anything you feel is appropriate. If you have explicit material in the email you can highlight the page letting them know of the content they may be exposed to.

If all your emails are explicit, then you should only make a few selections but that too can raise a red flag for you.

B

boyee6576

I had sent one months worth of chats. It was huge stack and I wrote a note on the stack. I said it would be impossible to send you all the chats we had since meeting until now(7 years) but this is a sample of one months chat. I didnt sensor anything even thought it was embarassing because I wanted them to see that we did loved each other and we talked like a couple that desired each other.

I

iarblue

And your appealing now ???Boyee this dont seem right how after 7 yeras they found you not to be truthfull and you have to appeal.