+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Enter to canada can apply Divorce?

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
Dear sir,

My wife she got the visa coming by next month ( Sponsor )..once she landed can i apply for Divorce or they will sent her back to the country or how long i have to wait untill she get the P.R.Card or i can apply once she enter in to canada..i can go separate..she gave my mail address to Immigration is that going to be a problem or she can change the address..please help me in this matter...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As soon as she lands in Canada with her PR visa, she is already a PR and you can apply for divorce.

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
if you have sponsored her,remember you are responsible for her finacially for 3 years-re: if she goes on welfare,you'll be getting the bill.

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Why don't you divorce here right now and cancel the sponsorship?

CIC may regard this as a "marriage of convenience", i.e. she tried to get just to get PR. Of course people divorce for different reasons, but CIC can get suspicious of such quick after-landing divorces. I don't want to judge you as I don't know your situation.

As stated above, you're financially responsible for her for 3 years after landing.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC never bothers with people after they land. At least they have been very unsupportive to people who have been victims of marriage fraud. It seems once the person gets PR, their work is done, they don't care anymore.