+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After Eligibility passed on both sides What next? SOS! nerves are breaking down!!!

Gramophone

May 25, 2017
Could someone help out please. We got the Sponsorship Application eligibility pass and Eligibility for Sponsorship letters exactly a year after application. May 2018.

-What is the next step after this?
- what immigration documentation do we need to get ohip?

Service ontario refuses to give sponsored spouse and child ohip because they want approval in Principle letter. I called Cic. They said the next step is to wait for CPC-M to contact us and wait for an interview. Please can anyone help clarify?

No OWP till date. No Ohip. Nerves are breaking down!

Help!

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
Dear Gramophone,
from your story, I think you are Inland Sponsor and Applicant with Dependent(s).

If this is so, please stop stressing. You are there and presumably have been there for at least a year?
Life goes on as usual and follow up with IRCC as soon as they send you requests, forms, etc.

Your concern about OHIP is relevant, but you should look for private healthcare policies in the meantime.
If you are indeed residents (temp/perm) in Ontario, you will not be refused emergency medical care, and certain community clinics offer reduced/free medical services - you should look for them in your area. You may even look into Immigrant service agencies in your area for advice and information.

Take a number of deep breathes, and stop stressing. You will only kill yourself and your family with worry before anything good can be done.

Reactions: live&love

Gramophone

May 25, 2017
Dear AMScarry2019

Thank you for your well reasoned response. I think this is all I needed to hear to reboot. It's just frustrating when later filers have landed while one is stuck at a level for 6months.

Do you per chance what happens after eligibility passed on both sides?

Reactions: AMScarry2019

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Dear AMScarry2019

Thank you for your well reasoned response. I think this is all I needed to hear to reboot. It's just frustrating when later filers have landed while one is stuck at a level for 6months.

You passed eligibility that means you got AIP,bring this letter to get your ohip.
Next is Decision Made/Landing interview! you're almost done :)

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
You passed eligibility that means you got AIP,bring this letter to get your ohip.
Thanks Gabrielasqs,

I'd have to defer to your advice for Gramophone since my application process is entirely different - Outland Application.

Gramophone,

I can understand your frustration, let me share my story for entertainment value....we're within the 12 month timeline still, but around month 5 (Dec) we thought we were near the end, all forms, medical and one Police Clearance Cert from Applicant country of citizenship. ECAS said multiple, and we know we'd have three more to get. I supplied one as per the request letter (the others weren't named yet), and gave explanation for providing only one and asked them to send request for additional ones. It took three months.

When it came, I was upset and thought I'd wasted all that time, but in fact, I could not have requested others without the explicit request from Canada, so I just got it done. C'est la vie!
Once asked for, we managed to get them in two months and sent them on. Two month later, here we are near the end having sent Applicant passport for PR Visa and COPR.
In the meantime, we've seen many applicants on here get processed very quickly.

Press in Canada have been highlighting problems with Immigration, so let's count ourselves lucky we'll have our PRs soon.

I always think I'm blessed when I recall stories of others, and think of those whom I'll never know about, who died on the way.

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Thanks Gabrielasqs,

I'd have to defer to your advice for Gramophone since my application process is entirely different - Outland Application.

Gramophone,

I can understand your frustration, let me share my story for entertainment value....we're within the 12 month timeline still, but around month 5 (Dec) we thought we were near the end, all forms, medical and one Police Clearance Cert from Applicant country of citizenship. ECAS said multiple, and we know we'd have three more to get. I supplied one as per the request letter (the others weren't named yet), and gave explanation for providing only one and asked them to send request for additional ones. It took three months.

When it came, I was upset and thought I'd wasted all that time, but in fact, I could not have requested others without the explicit request from Canada, so I just got it done. C'est la vie!
Once asked for, we managed to get them in two months and sent them on. Two month later, here we are near the end having sent Applicant passport for PR Visa and COPR.

Press in Canada have been highlighting problems with Immigration, so let's count ourselves lucky we'll have our PRs soon.

I always think I'm blessed when I recall stories of others, and think of those whom I'll never know about, who died on the way.
oh ok! as you wrote about owp I thought you were inland..

Gramophone

May 25, 2017
Dear AMScarry2019

Thank you for your well reasoned response. I think this is all I needed to hear to reboot. It's just frustrating when later filers have landed one is stuck at a level for 6months.

I wish it were that simple. Everything is just so frustrating. We have been to 4 service ontario offices including Sheppard and younger the letters were not accepted. They are asking for a particular letter title Approval in Principle listing all sponsored.

Gramophone

May 25, 2017
Thanks Gabrielasqs,

Gramophone,

. Congratulations in advance. I guess one should keep the hope up and be thankful in every situation. Time just appears to stand still.

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
Hi Gramophone,

now I'm confused about your OHIP application - this was the principal interest of this thread frankly IMHO.

A bit of 'misunderstanding' in the thread over the CIC process has clouded the matter.

Service Ontario says they require an AIP Letter showing all sponsored individuals.
The IRCC said what you have IS an AIP - does it show all sponsored individuals?
Four different Service Ontario offices have refused what was presented as inadequate. (I shaka my head....)

From your last post Gramo, sounds like IRCC agents are confusing the stage in the process reaching AIP with the proper and actual AIP Letter (showing all sponsored individuals).

From posts elsewhere, I've learned that IRCC Mississauga hired new staff end of 2017/start of 2018.....

That could be where the mix-up is.

I hope they sort this out for you soonest so Service Ontario can proceed with your application for OHIP.

Have a good day!

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
. Congratulations in advance. I guess one should keep the hope up and be thankful in every situation. Time just appears to stand still.
In one sense Gramophone, the experience you're having is one reason why I decided to 'camp-out' in Thailand and begin the immigration process Outland. I'm hopeful that my wife will have more help upon landing and we'll be entitled to immediate sign-up for SIN (issued immediately), OHIP (3-months) and PR Card (2 months).

I'm not sure whether as an Inland Applicant, what your family can apply to as 'immigrants', though I imagine it would be the same as Landed Immigrants from abroad? Hope so.

Gramophone

May 25, 2017
In one sense Gramophone, the experience you're having is one reason why I decided to 'camp-out' in Thailand and begin the immigration process Outland. I'm hopeful that my wife will have more help upon landing and we'll be entitled to immediate sign-up for SIN (issued immediately), OHIP (3-months) and PR Card (2 months).

I'm not sure whether as an Inland Applicant, what your family can apply to as 'immigrants', though I imagine it would be the same as Landed Immigrants from abroad? Hope so.
Good for you that you are applying Outland. I cannot begin to describe the experience. I hope my heart does not give up on me soon because you have to deal with multiple emotions all at once coupled with normal life issues. Curiously it's faster to apply Outland than inland. They basically forget about you since you are in without considering the fact that you need to sustain yourself and a family.

I hope to attempt to get ohip tomorrow from the main service ontario office rather than service agent (I just realized there is a difference between them). I will post here how the experience goes because I don't know what an AIP looks like but one of the requirements to getting ohip as stated by S.O is a letter confirming eligibility which we possess.

AMScarry2019

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-09-2017
Med's Request
22-11-2017
Med's Done....
26-11-2017
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
03-05-2018
Good for you that you are applying Outland. I cannot begin to describe the experience. I hope my heart does not give up on me soon because you have to deal with multiple emotions all at once coupled with normal life issues. Curiously it's faster to apply Outland than inland. They basically forget about you since you are in without considering the fact that you need to sustain yourself and a family.

I hope to attempt to get ohip tomorrow from the main service ontario office rather than service agent (I just realized there is a difference between them). I will post here how the experience goes because I don't know what an AIP looks like but one of the requirements to getting ohip as stated by S.O is a letter confirming eligibility which we possess.
Hang in there Gramophone.
I can say that we have similar and different challenges.
Our worst challenge is trying to manage the TIMING of every activity.
We need to sell the house, car, pack, ship, book flights, cancel local accounts, services, etc. etc.
And, then we needed to do the same for Canada - locate, furnish, arrange a home and services there for us to "land at".

A great point about your Inland application is that you're all in one place, and not having to go anywhere else and arrange life in two or more places. Some of our friends are separated by long distances and time apart.

So, I empathise with your situation and encourage you to focus on the things that are going well, which you are in the process of managing, and to be 'the captain of your ship" throughout the storm. You will all come through this when you reach port.

Reactions: kyuttrouble