+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After COPR only primary able to soft land

vbsvbs

Nov 6, 2017
Hey what did you finally did...actually we are in same situation...can you please guide us..
We have received our PR cards than found out about pregnancy

1. Give birth in US , can child travel to canada on tourist visa.. how long it takes to sponsor child? Do one parent have to stay in canada while sponsoring.

2. Before giving birth if we decide to.move to canada what is the process...do we need to inform cic?

Pleaseee help.

Guys,

We soft landed in Sep 2017 to become PR and are planning to return back to Canada in Oct-Nov of this year. We are expecting a baby in Jan-Feb of 2019. We have a few questions :-

1. Can a PR return back to Canada with 6-7 month pregnancy ?
2. Can we run into any immigration complication as our family composition is going to change soon?
3. We have our valid PR cards with us. Is it sufficient for travelling and do we need to inform IRCC about this development before we return ?
4. If we decide to have baby outside of Canada, what is the best way to get PR for the baby ?
5. How to get health services in Ontario in such cases ?
6. Anyone who's been through such situation lately ?

Thanks !

Have been following this blog since 1 year.
Blog Was helpful at every step.
Managed to get ppr just by reading this blog and cic website and some common sense!!
Joined first time now as things got serious(ppr email).
Not sure if its the right way to start a new thread. Excuse me.

Quick question based on my situation.

1) Me primary, wife dependent.
2) expecting stamped passport in a week or two. Passport delivered to ottawa cic yesterday.
3) wife pregnant with due date in december week 1.
4) No specific info to cic regarding preg. just medical doctor mentioned while xray and took notes on record.
5) resident of usa
6) citizen of india.
7) us visa expiry june 2019
8) us visa extension filing Between january- march 2019

Ideally, we planned that we will receive ppr early during pregnancy and plan a soft landing via car (border 3hrs away). Come back same day.Then continue with normal routine and baby delivery here. Had No plans to include baby in PR application etc as baby passport would be US and we dont intend to move to canada at least for a year or two or till h1 extention denial.

Now, considering a delayed PPR email and an eventual delayed passport stamping, wife a bit skeptical if she can do this 1 day journey back and forth between residence and border. Would be approx 37-38 weeks if passports come back in 2-3 weeks from today.

What are my options?

Any suggestions?

If I go alone and soft land. What about wife and baby ?
We will have two constraints for a delayed or seperate landing
1)our Medical would expire around july 2019
2) US visa would expire around June 2019, so cant do much travelling within last 3 months as extension of visa would be in process.

Thanks all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey what did you finally did...actually we are in same situation...can you please guide us..
We have received our PR cards than found out about pregnancy

1. Give birth in US , can child travel to canada on tourist visa.. how long it takes to sponsor child? Do one parent have to stay in canada while sponsoring.

2. Before giving birth if we decide to.move to canada what is the process...do we need to inform cic?

Pleaseee help.
1. Yes, the child can come to Canada as a visitor. You may not be able to get provincial health coverage for the child until after PR. Expect around 8 months. The sponsor must remain in Canada.

2. No.

vbsvbs

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks alot for quick response...just two doubts

1. Will there be any issue while processing childs PR or for that matter my or sponsor's PR.

2. So if we move to canada and not inform cic about pregnancy will that be an issue at the time of landing if officer finds out about pregnancy.

Thanks
1. Yes, the child can come to Canada as a visitor. You may not be able to get provincial health coverage for the child until after PR. Expect around 8 months. The sponsor must remain in Canada.

2. No.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks alot for quick response...just two doubts

1. Will there be any issue while processing childs PR or for that matter my or sponsor's PR.

2. So if we move to canada and not inform cic about pregnancy will that be an issue at the time of landing if officer finds out about pregnancy.

Thanks
1. I don't understand what you are asking.

2. You stated in your original post that you already have your PR cards. Have you landed or not?

vbsvbs

Nov 6, 2017
I have not landed just did soft landing and received PR cards too.

1. I meant while processing PR for child will there be any difficultly or its a smooth process...and any problems or cancellation with our existing PR cards.( as read somewhere they cancel existing PR cards)

2. So if we move to canada, give birth there and not inform cic about pregnancy will that be an issue at the time of landing if officer finds out about pregnancy

Sorry for misunderstanding words.

1. I don't understand what you are asking.

2. You stated in your original post that you already have your PR cards. Have you landed or not?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
1. Why would they cancel your PR cards just because you filed an application (sponsorship) which you are legally allowed to file?
2. You have already landed, so there is no 'landing' anymore. You are permanent residents and that comes with some rights. Whenever you return to Canada, you are simply arriving to your residence. It makes no difference if you are pregnant. You are not a tourist or temporary visitor any more.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

1. I meant while processing PR for child will there be any difficultly or its a smooth process...and any problems or cancellation with our existing PR cards.( as read somewhere they cancel existing PR cards)

2. So if we move to canada, give birth there and not inform cic about pregnancy will that be an issue at the time of landing if officer finds out about pregnancy

Yes, you have landed.

1. Why would your PR cards be canceled??

2. You won't be landing. Pregnant people are allowed to come to Canada.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Just keep in mind if you move to Canada to give birth even though if I read correctly you are PRs you still need to meet any provincial requirements that might be required to qualify for healthcare, 3 months for example for Ontario OHIP. So timing is key on how far the pregnancy is.

Q9146

Oct 27, 2018
Replying after long.
just after getting info from this thread, I did the call option and got address updated to a friend address and the friend fedexed me the PRs To my US address.
I got my cards around April 2018.

I am planing to move now in just the brim of my allowed outside tenure(havent gone to Canada since soft landing of 20 mins).

plan to move around Sep 2021.
I had a very imp question which is bothering me every time i think of Moving to canada.

Q) Since I landed and came back same day within like 20 minutes and then got my cards fedexed to me in usa. I wonder if there will be any problem if i try to enter canada using those PR cards.
Wont anyone question how do i have the cards when i didn't eve stay here ?
I want to travel just for for couple interviews and maybe some vacation. Can i do that easily without showing intent to settle at the moment ?

Nick1233

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Replying after long.
just after getting info from this thread, I did the call option and got address updated to a friend address and the friend fedexed me the PRs To my US address.

I am planing to move now in just the brim of my allowed outside tenure(havent gone to Canada since soft landing of 20 mins).

I had a very imp question which is bothering me every time i think of Moving to canada.

Q) Since I landed and came back same day within like 20 minutes and then got my cards fedexed to me in usa. I wonder if there will be any problem if i try to enter canada using those PR cards.
I want to travel just for for couple interviews and maybe some vacation. Can i do that easily without showing intent to settle at the moment ?
Lets assume that there would be a problem because of the 20 minutes soft landing. Now, do you have any other option?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Replying after long.

Why would they ? You have the PR cards .
Are you in Residency Compliance? You have to be in Canada 2/5 years from the date of landing or you could be reported
Do the math

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lets assume that there would be a problem because of the 20 minutes soft landing. Now, do you have any other option?
There is no requirement to remain in Canada for any length of time after landing, so it will NOT be a problem.