+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After canadian passport, how to reach India asap?

rajcalgary2019

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi,
I will be getting my canadian passport next week and need to reach India by April 30th. I need your suggestions on the following;

1. Can i surrender indian passport and apply for entry visa at same time ( 7days processing) ?
But issue with this is BLS oeprates only on appointment now and latest appointment date is in May,2022.

2. Can i travel to India with Indian passport and return with Canadian passport. (I think officer looking at stamp entry/exit is an issue. )

3. Any chance of India opening evisa visa for canadian passport holders this month?

4, What other options do i have?

haarwiny

Jan 14, 2022
Hi,
I will be getting my canadian passport next week and need to reach India by April 30th. I need your suggestions on the following;

1. Can i surrender indian passport and apply for entry visa at same time ( 7days processing) ?
But issue with this is BLS oeprates only on appointment now and latest appointment date is in May,2022.

2. Can i travel to India with Indian passport and return with Canadian passport. (I think officer looking at stamp entry/exit is an issue. )

3. Any chance of India opening evisa visa for canadian passport holders this month?

4, What other options do i have?
You can only travel with Indian passport within 3 months of getting citizenship if you have not received Canadian passport "the Indian passport can be used for travel for 3 months from the day of getting the Canadian citizenship provided a foreign passport is not available to the person" (https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pages.php?id=47).

The only option os to surrender your Indian passport and apply for entry visa. BLS office do consider walk-ins in emergency/urgent situation like yours. Just go and talk to them. They have also started accepting walk-ins starting April. Good luck!