+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After applying citizenship application can we change the province ?

jnnaga

Jul 19, 2009
I will be submitting my citizenship application next month (November 10 2013). After submitting the application can i change the province?
(Moving from Alberta to BC)

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
jnnaga said:
I will be submitting my citizenship application next month (November 10 2013). After submitting the application can i change the province?
Of course you can. You just need to keep CIC informed about your change of address (which you can change easily on e-CAS). To keep things simpler though, you may want to consider applying after you've made your move to BC (assuming you are moving soon after Nov 10 2013).

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
jnnaga said:
You may find this CIC link useful too;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnnaga said:
I was wondering about that too. Did you apply for Permanent Residence through Provincial Nominee or CEC or Federal category?
If you relocate immediately after submitting your Citizenship application then you might have to consider about showing proof of residency in the new province. If you move from Alberta to BC then you would have to show proof of BC health card or driver's license because that is one of the items that you have to include with your application.
And if you apply for Citizenship from BC after moving from Alberta then you would have to wait for three months until you can get BC health coverage.
So you would still have to wait for awhile after moving to BC so you can include proof of BC residence with your application.

jnnaga

Jul 19, 2009
Thanks for the reply.
I got Permanent Residence by provincial nominee and stayed in this province by more than 2 yrs.
Moving to BC willbe in March 2014 or later.