20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rayan14 said:
You 'thought' wrong. And yes the system is unfair and biased. If it was fair or square, CIC staff and all immigration lawyers would be unemployed. They have to keep you and I on the backlog (created by Jason Kenney) as a way to keep their existence relevant. I fully hear you. And yes it is outrageous to make you wait 5 full years to tell you NO. They could've said NO before you took the test.
Under the old system, CIC CANNOT say NO to any applicant whenever there is a shortage of days at any part of the application process. CIC cannot say NO before the test or after the test. The next step is to see a judge. That part takes the longest part of the process. Took OP almost 5 years after submitting application to see a judge. Only a judge can say NO or YES.

It has nothing to do with who in government, tories or liberals. Applicants still have to wait up to 5 years to see a judge even under the liberal government. That's the way the system works under the old rule regardless of who was running government at the time. You are trying to pin this on the conservative government when this has been going on during liberal and tory government for a long long time until the new rule kicked in.

I get the impression from you that it's not the liberal's fault when an applicant to wait 5 years to get an answer but it's the tory's fault if it happened under conservative government?

Natan

May 22, 2015
screech339 said:
Under the old system, CIC CANNOT say NO to any applicant whenever there is a shortage of days at any part of the application process. CIC cannot say NO before the test or after the test. The next step is to see a judge. That part takes the longest part of the process. Took OP almost 5 years after submitting application to see a judge. Only a judge can say NO or YES.

It has nothing to do with who in government, tories or liberals. Applicants still have to wait up to 5 years to see a judge even under the liberal government. That's the way the system works under the old rule regardless of who was running government at the time. You are trying to pin this on the conservative government when this has been going on during liberal and tory government for a long long time until the new rule kicked in.

I get the impression from you that it's not the liberal's fault when an applicant to wait 5 years to get an answer but it's the tory's fault if it happened under conservative government?
One might argue that the long delays we have recently enjoyed have been caused by a series of recent Government decisions, i.e., cutbacks to CIC funding, a strike at CIC due to Government's failure to negotiate in good faith (the judge's words, not mine), and Government's shift of focus from efficient processing to heightened scrutiny of applications. Perhaps someone can enlighten us: which party was in power during these events?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Natan said:
One might argue that the long delays we have recently enjoyed have been caused by a series of recent Government decisions, i.e., cutbacks to CIC funding, a strike at CIC due to Government's failure to negotiate in good faith (the judge's words, not mine), and Government's shift of focus from efficient processing to heightened scrutiny of applications. Perhaps someone can enlighten us: which party was in power during these events?
All of which mentioned has nothing to do with citizenship. Yes family PR were affected, TRV applications were affected due to strike. Again citizenship were not affected. The long 5 year wait for judge still occurred under both liberal and tory mandate. The number of citizenship judges has not decreased or increased during any government mandate. So to see a judge still take a long process.

Natan

May 22, 2015
screech339 said:
All of which mentioned has nothing to do with citizenship. Yes family PR were affected, TRV applications were affected due to strike. Again citizenship were not affected. The long 5 year wait for judge still occurred under both liberal and tory mandate. The number of citizenship judges has not decreased or increased during any government mandate. So to see a judge still take a long process.
1. Please note the use of the word "might" in my response. (It was the second word in my response.)

2. One might argue that a strike at CIC may have an impact on all aspects of CIC's efficiency, especially considering the duration of said strike.

3. One might argue that cutbacks of funding may cause a citizenship application to be delayed on its way to a citizenship judge, and that any significant funding cutbacks to CIC would, at least slightly, effect the processing of citizenship applications in general.

4. One might argue that heightened scrutiny may delay a citizenship application on its way to a citizenship judge, and that heightened scrutiny of a significantly increased number of citizenship applications would, at least slightly, effect the processing of citizenship applications in general.

To sum up, one MIGHT argue that, taken as a whole, these policies MAY have had an impact on citizenship application processing in general, and that, specifically, they MAY have contributed to the 5 year wait to see a citizenship judge.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Natan said:
To sum up, one MIGHT argue that, taken as a whole, these policies MAY have had an impact on citizenship application processing in general, and that, specifically, they MAY have contributed to the 5 year wait to see a citizenship judge.
I would have accepted your "speculation" if the number of citizenship judges were cut down but there wasn't. So to see a judge still takes a long time to see in a vast number of applicants who also have to individually see a judge as well.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:

Do you work for Jason 'backlog' Kenney? Or are you one of the CIC spokespersons? Are you part of the government? If not, don't defend an entity you know nothing or little about. Thanks.
I don't know where you get your stats or opinion and I don't care frankly. I have lived in Canada under both the liberal and conservative governments. Friends and family who submitted their citizenship application before Jason 'backlog' Kenney took over or did so during Lib governments, got their citizenship issues resolved under 10-11 months. And most of us here on this forum submitted our applications under the Tories watch. So yeah the blame falls squarely on Kenney's and now Alexander's incompetence. Somehow they love torturing or being secretive about their treatment of ethnic minorities who apply for citizenship. And that's BS. Full disclosure, I am a former Tory party staffer myself but I can't stand for injustice or unfairness whoever is in power.

aussiepete

Oct 31, 2009
Whitehorse Yukon
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2005
File Transfer...
14-01-2006
Passport Req..
23-01-2006
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2006
LANDED..........
23-03-2006
Can't really complain when you don't follow the rules and apply without the required days! The onus is on you to provide an accurate application and calculation on days. If in doubt wait a little longer to apply. I knew to the day when I was eligible to apply but i added an extra week as a buffer then applied and I knew there would be no question about my days. Just saying.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aussiepete said:
Can't really complain when you don't follow the rules and apply without the required days! The onus is on you to provide an accurate application and calculation on days. If in doubt wait a little longer to apply. I knew to the day when I was eligible to apply but i added an extra week as a buffer then applied and I knew there would be no question about my days. Just saying.
What was your citizenship application timeline?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rayan14 said:
Do you work for Jason 'backlog' Kenney? Or are you one of the CIC spokespersons? Are you part of the government? If not, don't defend an entity you know nothing or little about. Thanks.
I don't know where you get your stats or opinion and I don't care frankly. I have lived in Canada under both the liberal and conservative governments. Friends and family who submitted their citizenship application before Jason 'backlog' Kenney took over or did so during Lib governments, got their citizenship issues resolved under 10-11 months. And most of us here on this forum submitted our applications under the Tories watch. So yeah the blame falls squarely on Kenney's and now Alexander's incompetence. Somehow they love torturing or being secretive about their treatment of ethnic minorities who apply for citizenship. And that's BS. Full disclosure, I am a former Tory party staffer myself but I can't stand for injustice or unfairness whoever is in power.
Of course they got their citizenship resolved in 10-11 months. Did any of them didn't meet the 1095 day requirement and end up having to see a judge? Probably not. I'm sure your friends/family actually meet the 1095 day requirement and gotten their citizenship in the expected timeline. So I can say with confidence that if any of your friends/family had to see a judge, it probably would take them up to 5 years to see a judge after submitting application.

There are currently 32 citizenship judges. Now take that number and spread it among thousands of applicants who have to see a judge individually. I wouldn't be surprised if it took one applicant up to 5 years to see a judge after submitting application, regardless of who is in government. Statistically it would probably take that long to see a judge.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I have also lived in Canada under both gov'ts. I used pre-PR time, applied with 1097 days and mine took 5 months last year. The difference is I was eligible(followed the rules) while the OP was short 58 days and didn't know it, because he did not use the online residency calculator.

There is nothing personal about the process - no matter where an applicant is from, if they don't meet requirements the rules at the time apply which was to see a citizenship judge and that could take as much as 5 yrs. No guarantee it will be approved. It should also be noted the OP was given the option of re-applying - he chose to wait. The only reason it's an issue now is because the outcome was unfavorable.

The Tories inherited a backlog which has gotten bigger over time. Perhaps if some applicants didn't try to game the system by paying crooked consultants to fabricate evidence of "physical presence", there would be no need for RQ, more scrutiny, etc. It's not all the gov't's fault.

While I don't agree with all the laws the Tories have made, I would say they detected areas that needed improvement and had to make tough decisions in order to protect the integrity of the process, so it's only natural that will upset some people.

Rayan14 said:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
SenoritaBella said:
I have also lived in Canada under both gov'ts. I used pre-PR time, applied with 1097 days and mine took 5 months last year. The difference is I was eligible(followed the rules) while the OP was short 58 days and didn't know it, because he did not use the online residency calculator.

There is nothing personal about the process - no matter where an applicant is from, if they don't meet requirements the rules at the time apply which was to see a citizenship judge and that could take as much as 5 yrs. No guarantee it will be approved. It should also be noted the OP was given the option of re-applying - he chose to wait. The only reason it's an issue now is because the outcome was unfavorable.

The Tories inherited a backlog which has gotten bigger over time. Perhaps if some applicants didn't try to game the system by paying crooked consultants to fabricate evidence of "physical presence", there would be no need for RQ, more scrutiny, etc. It's not all the gov't's fault.

While I don't agree with all the laws the Tories have made, I would say they detected areas that needed improvement and had to make tough decisions in order to protect the integrity of the process, so it's only natural that will upset some people.
+1 for your post.

Some people still don't get it that once the applicant has to see the judge, that require a long wait since there are so few of them (32 of them to date) to accommodate thousands upon thousands of applicants to see them individually. That process can take up to 5 years. Some tried to blame it on the government when they keep forgetting the statistical numbers of applicants having to see a judge. It doesn't matter if it's the liberal or conservative government. The numbers of applicants having to see the judge speaks for themselves for the long long wait.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
screech339 said:
+1 for your post.

Some people still don't get it that once the applicant has to see the judge, that require a long wait since there are so few of them (32 of them to date) to accommodate thousands upon thousands of applicants to see them individually. That process can take up to 5 years. Some tried to blame it on the government when they keep forgetting the statistical numbers of applicants having to see a judge. It doesn't matter if it's the liberal or conservative government. The numbers of applicants having to see the judge speaks for themselves for the long long wait.
Now the interesting question is : Can CO deny/ reject the application now under the new law or Still applicant has to see a Judge before denial letter send to applicant.