+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 36 months: I go for Mandamus! Who else here has hired a lawyer?

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
torontosm,

Always deviating from facts. No one is questioning cic's RQs issuance to make sure the residency is met , but the problem is the processing time. When they give you 45 days to submit documents, it shouldn't take 45 months to process these files. And that's what people are complaining about! Ask for all the documents you want but process it in a timely manner. CRA doesn't take 36 months to process an Audit.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Canadian2007 said:
torontosm,

Always deviating from facts. No one is questioning cic's RQs issuance to make sure the residency is met , but the problem is the processing time. When they give you 45 days to submit documents, it shouldn't take 45 months to process these files. And that's what people are complaining about! Ask for all the documents you want but process it in a timely manner. CRA doesn't take 36 months to process an Audit.
Spot on!

Akroom

Feb 14, 2014
cheer up guys things seems to be moving up they declared that by JAN and Fed the government finished the process for 41000 and this number is really a lot before they used to do 10 000 a month that means they speeded up the process by 100% hopefully those procedures is going to reflect on us soon and everyone would just put the citizenship complicated process in his past!! hopefully soon:)

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Akroom said:
cheer up guys things seems to be moving up they declared that by JAN and Fed the government finished the process for 41000 and this number is really a lot before they used to do 10 000 a month that means they speeded up the process by 100% hopefully those procedures is going to reflect on us soon and everyone would just put the citizenship complicated process in his past!! hopefully soon:)
They are prioritizing pushing through routine applications. Some people who applied in 2013 are already citizens. Meanwhile, some who got RQ in 2010 are still waiting.

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
They are prioritizing pushing through routine applications. Some people who applied in 2013 are already citizens. Meanwhile, some who got RQ in 2010 are still waiting.
Which to me, makes sense. Routine apps require less work/time/expertise to process. However, if more apps are getting RQ'd than processed, I think the criteria for 'routine' needs to be redone. I'd be curious to know what percentage of applications are considered routine.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
J.M. said:
Which to me, makes sense. Routine apps require less work/time/expertise to process. However, if more apps are getting RQ'd than processed, I think the criteria for 'routine' needs to be redone. I'd be curious to know what percentage of applications are considered routine.
At one point the Montreal office was reporting giving RQs to 50 percent of applicants. Combine this with other reasons why an application may be considered "non-routine" and, at least at one point in time for this office, the majority of applications were in the "non-routine" track. Non-routine is thus quite routine.

It doesn't make sense to me to push through applicants from 2013, while thousands of applicants caught up in the RQ frenzy of the last few years continue to wait. They could more equitably spread out the resources.

Akroom

Feb 14, 2014
it is true but a least things are changing those numbers if they keep it like that you will have more than 200 000 applicants would be be able to get their citizenship at the end of this year.don't forget the new rule 4/6 years to apply would pause new applicant to submit their application which would reflect on the RQ cases (us).

it is really sad to leave us trying to analyze what they are doing rather than really telling us the truth of our journey to the citizenship

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I wonder if the OP has heard anything back yet regarding his case. He seems to have gone strangely silent ....

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Yes, let's bring this topic back on its original track.

28 days have passed since my hearing.
Still have NO NEWS from a Citizenship Judge or CIC. The Judge has 32 more days to decide (total of 60 days).
My lawyer suggested to wait until day 59 and - if there will be no decision still - ask the Federal Court for a mandamus hearing date.

I forgot: there was ONE bit of news: AFTER the hearing with a CJ my lawyer was called by someone from the Department of Justice (representing CIC). The Department of Justice has indicated that "the case would be settled before it goes to a (mandamus) hearing."

I will not write here until there will be news.
To those who sent me private messages: Please remind me in April to send you replies. And thank you for being patient.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
walitys said:

Still have NO NEWS from a Citizenship Judge or CIC. The Judge has 32 more days to decide (total of 60 days).
My lawyer suggested to will wait until day 59 and -if there will be still no decision made - ask for a mandamus hearing date.

I forgot: there was ONE bit of news: AFTER the hearing with a CJ my lawyer was called by someone from the Department of Justice (representing CIC). The Department of Justice has indicated that "the case would be settled before it goes to a (mandamus) hearing."

To those who sent me private messages: Please remind me in April to send you replies. And thank you for being patient.
\hey Waytlis - thats good news looks like, i think it will be a good decision, good luck

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
RQ2009 said:
Hi Walitys,
Can you share the information about the lawyers you chose for the Writ of Mandamus ?
Hi, RQ2009,
please send me your request iin April - via PM (personal message).

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walitys said:

My lawyer suggested to wait until day 59 and - if there will be no decision still - ask the Federal Court for a mandamus hearing date.

Gluck with you case!!! fight fight!!! Cheers

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
walitys said:
Wow congratulation in advance! Way to go......I will follow your same route if mine take that long.....litigation is the only thing politicians making these daft changes are scared of..... From what I am read in the papers, unions representing CIC case workers are angry because they are not allowed to use their initiatives. One size fits all!!

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
walitys said:

Thanks for the update. Looking good. Good luck.