+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

After 36 months: I go for Mandamus! Who else here has hired a lawyer?

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know! But sometimes agents discover new info on some applicants. Like when they ask about work. If the applicant does not give clear info about his position at the company, it might look suspicious. There are factors here and there that could grant someone a RQ post test.

u4g5 said:
I think its BRUTAL to give RQ after an applicant has passed citizenship test! if they have questions, why not ask b4 an applicant's final step? this is the part of administration everyone dislike

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
I know! But sometimes agents discover new info on some applicants. Like when they ask about work. If the applicant does not give clear info about his position at the company, it might look suspicious. There are factors here and there that could grant someone a RQ post test.
even if a PR being unemployed for 3 years hes staying in canada, he is still eligible to get Citizenship.Only determining factor is whether an applicant spend enough time in the country. I just think CIC must have a clear framework/operation manual for officers.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
I just think CIC must have a clear framework/operation manual for officers.
They don't because probably applicants are going to cheat the system based on the framework that the CIC would provide. Just my opinion.

Akroom

Feb 14, 2014
if the employment is an issue for cic then why can't they put it as a clear must that you have to have to fulfill your citizenship requirement.they are trying to be smart and they are the ones who is responsible for the slowing down the system.
they should work to improve those processing by having an access to canadian border to make sure about the days spent otherwise it is a wast of time.
in my case when i came in 2007 the officer didn't stamp my passport what shall i do i have to wait for another whatever years:)
application sep 2011
processing nov 2012
test may 2013
RQ Oc 2013
RQ sent nov 2013
waiting…..

Akroom

Feb 14, 2014
links18 said:
It might do absolutely nothing on CIC's end. But by sending it you may be setting up a possible mandamus action if they fail to respond or respond with stock holding language.
Thanks links18:
i sent them that letter 2 days back and i will keep on sending them every 2 month.in Aug i am due for the 36 month let us see how they react will keep you posted

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my 35 months passed in January, sent them a letter in October, they have it on record on my GCMS but caused no action! called in Jan, they said they will ask St. Clair to respond, that means another three months to wait for an answer!

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
farrous13 said:
They don't because probably applicants are going to cheat the system based on the framework that the CIC would provide. Just my opinion.
Thats what get me probably upset. Canada is a member of the "5 eyes countries". They can listen to everything you do online, unfortunately Canada is the only country that feigned ignorance when you travel out of Canada. Read the other threads, the problem is not about cheats, it's about unreasonable processing time.....I think i replied to one of your question about my sist in the states

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
farrous13 said:
Right, because the first thing one should think about citizenship applicants is that they are looking for ways to cheat. ::)

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
links18 said:
Right, because the first thing one should think about citizenship applicants is that they are looking for ways to cheat. ::)
Unfortuntely it is true for a small minority and thus it taints eveyone with it. Like evey Muslim is on a jihad crusade, just because a small number of them are

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
Walitys did you get approval yet?

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
txboyscout said:
Unfortuntely it is true for a small minority and thus it taints eveyone with it. Like evey Muslim is on a jihad crusade, just because a small number of them are
But if something isn't done about the minority, eventually they can become a majority. If the system is "broken" in any way, then it must be fixed, or else more will take advantage of the brokeness.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walitys said:
36 months passed. I applied in November 2010.
So in November 2013 I hired a lawyer and "am going to court" for Mandamus!

Who else here has hired a lawyer and works towards Mandamus?
Please share your experiences as you go.

I have interviewed several lawyers. Some interviews were free, some not. 1 consultation costed 200$ and another one 300$ (which I cancelled). The fees for the Case quoted to me were 3600$, 5000$ and 7500$. I am at the very beginning, but will gladly report on how it will go on. Please share your experiences.
DId you have the result yet, walitys?

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
txboyscout said:
Does it mean all Canadians are tax dodgers because tiny minority avoid paying taxes. Can you imagine the out cry if the burden of proof is imposed on Canadians to show they are not all tax cheats. That is what govt is doing this policy

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
vic48912 said:
Does it mean all Canadians are tax dodgers because tiny minority avoid paying taxes. Can you imagine the out cry if the burden of proof is imposed on Canadians to show they are not all tax cheats. That is what govt is doing this policy
Yes but since PR and other non-citizens cannot vote, there is no serious backlash

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
vic48912 said:
It is exactly the same. Just like the CRA audits a select sub-group of people who file taxes, the CIC issues RQ's to a select sub-group of people who apply for citizenship. The root cause for both is that people have cheated in the past.

There is no burden of proof on all citizenship applicants to show that they are not cheats. It is only when red flags are raised that they have to come up with documents to support their claims.