+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salaam,

My MP finally got an e-mail from NDVO requesting Passport to be submitted at Islamabad instead of New Delhi. My spouse's uncle will be travelling to Pakistan, inshaAllah. I have a few urgent questions:

1. Can my spouse's uncle submit the passport on her behalf?
2. Where can he submit the passport? We don't want to send it by courier.
3. How will my spouse receive the passport back - she lives in Afghanistan?
4. Can her uncle pick it up and how will we know if the Passport is ready with Visa?
6. How long will it take to get the visa back?

Anything else we should be aware of?

Thank you!

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Denize88 said:
They asked for her copy of passport ....
Talk to your MP's office about this. I was told by my MP's staff that NDVO receives the copy of the passport from Islamabad.

Salaam,

My MP finally got an e-mail from NDVO requesting Passport to be submitted at Islamabad instead of New Delhi. My spouse's uncle will be travelling to Pakistan, inshaAllah. I have a few urgent questions:

4. Can her uncle pick it up and how will we know if the Passport is ready with Visa?

Thank you!

Saeed.Afghan

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
AOR Received.
14-01-2013
File Transfer...
Transferred from Islamabad to New Delhi 06-03-2014
Med's Request
Re-med requested 14-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Interview........
14-10-2014, then Status changed to IP same day
Passport Req..
09-03-2015 & Status changed to DM. PP submitted 13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2015 & my wife collected it 06-04-2015...ALLAHU AKBAR!
desighee said:
Talk to your MP's office about this. I was told by my MP's staff that NDVO receives the copy of the passport from Islamabad.

Salaam,

Thank you!
This is all from my experience. I hope that none of what I say is incorrect, but of course try to affirm everything first.

1. My wife's brother submitted her passport in Islamabad VAC. He was told that anyone can submit the passport on the applicant's behalf, but for getting it back it's more strict. http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan/Passport_Collection_procedure.html

2. The closest place to Kabul he can submit it is the VAC in Islamabad. Go to the vfs global Pakistan website and find the Islamabad address. He cannot submit the passport directly to the CHC Visa Office in Islamabad

3. From what I know, the pp will have to be retrieved from the VAC that the person submitted it.

4. The VFS Global site says that other than the applicant only immediate family members (parents, spouse, kids) can retrieve the passport. That's why my MP wrote an email to the Visa Office requesting permission that my wife's brother retrieve the passport & visa. Hopefully he will be allowed to do so.

I think they are going to either email you that the visa is ready or call the number that they have been given in the ppr letter.

5. It all depends. From what I've read, it may take anywhere from a week to around 45 days. It's been a little over a week that my wife's passport was submitted and still no response that the visa is ready. Inshallah it'll be ready soon.

Hope that answers your questoins bro.

afggirl

Jan 21, 2015
Saeed.Afghan said:
This is all from my experience. I hope that none of what I say is incorrect, but of course try to affirm everything first.

1. My wife's brother submitted her passport in Islamabad VAC. He was told that anyone can submit the passport on the applicant's behalf, but for getting it back it's more strict. http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan/Passport_Collection_procedure.html

2. The closest place to Kabul he can submit it is the VAC in Islamabad. Go to the vfs global Pakistan website and find the Islamabad address. He cannot submit the passport directly to the CHC Visa Office in Islamabad

3. From what I know, the pp will have to be retrieved from the VAC that the person submitted it.

4. The VFS Global site says that other than the applicant only immediate family members (parents, spouse, kids) can retrieve the passport. That's why my MP wrote an email to the Visa Office requesting permission that my wife's brother retrieve the passport & visa. Hopefully he will be allowed to do so.

I think they are going to either email you that the visa is ready or call the number that they have been given in the ppr letter.

5. It all depends. From what I've read, it may take anywhere from a week to around 45 days. It's been a little over a week that my wife's passport was submitted and still no response that the visa is ready. Inshallah it'll be ready soon.

Hope that answers your questoins bro.
All this info you gave is correct my husbands sister also got her visa stamped and called to pickup my husband went to pick it up for her but they don't allow siblings only parents,children or spouse. Also my husband had send his passport last week no call yet please update me when your wife gets her visa we are on the same boat i hope soon for both of us bakhair

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot brother! Two more questions:

1. Does the contact number have to be Pakistani phone number? Can we provide them with Canadian / Afghani phone numbers?
2. Did you fill out both Spouse / Applicant information on the PPR letter or just the Applicant?

khatera

Star Member
May 6, 2014
desighee said:

1. Does the contact number have to be Pakistani phone number? Can we provide them with Canadian / Afghani phone numbers?
2. Did you fill out both Spouse / Applicant information on the PPR letter or just the Applicant?
One of my relative who came recently was asked by email to pick up his passport with visa stamped on it. and he said for him it took only week, I don't know. my husband and his mom will also leave soon and please any body get his visa back let us know. it will be a great help. Best of luck for all of us:)
I provided Afghanistan my husband phone number
and also i only fill the applicant column, let me know too?
Any body have idea plz as i can change it now before submitting?

namat

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ---New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2012
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
soon?
LANDED..........
i really dont see it coming
uhhhhhh 27 monthssssssss since i appliedddddd.

im counting every second noww.....

this feels like 10 years i swear...

when are they going to finish 2012 applicants and early 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

afggirl

Jan 21, 2015
khatera said:
One of my relative who came recently was asked by email to pick up his passport with visa stamped on it. and he said for him it took only week, I don't know. my husband and his mom will also leave soon and please any body get his visa back let us know. it will be a great help. Best of luck for all of us:)
I provided Afghanistan my husband phone number
and also i only fill the applicant column, let me know too?
Any body have idea plz as i can change it now before submitting?
My husband had just filled the applicant column and also when he submits it at the courier they would help him. Goodluck

Saeed.Afghan

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
AOR Received.
14-01-2013
File Transfer...
Transferred from Islamabad to New Delhi 06-03-2014
Med's Request
Re-med requested 14-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Interview........
14-10-2014, then Status changed to IP same day
Passport Req..
09-03-2015 & Status changed to DM. PP submitted 13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2015 & my wife collected it 06-04-2015...ALLAHU AKBAR!
desighee said:

1. When my wife's bro submitted it, they told him he could only give them a Pakistani phone number. I guess you can try Can/Afg #s; you might get lucky. But I guess you should also have a Paki # just in case.

2. I made sure both the spouse and applicant columns were filled. I'm not sure that it matters if both or only one is filled.

@ afggirl

Thanks for affirming my info.

So I didn't understand if they did allow your husband to pick up his sister's passport. If yes, did he have an authorization letter since he was a sibling? Was it from CIC or they wrote it themselves?

I will definitely update you all when my wife's visa is in her hands.

afggirl

Jan 21, 2015
Saeed.Afghan said:
1. When my wife's bro submitted it, they told him he could only give them a Pakistani phone number. I guess you can try Can/Afg #s; you might get lucky. But I guess you should also have a Paki # just in case.

2. I made sure both the spouse and applicant columns were filled. I'm not sure that it matters if both or only one is filled.

@ afggirl

Thanks for affirming my info.

So I didn't understand if they did allow your husband to pick up his sister's passport. If yes, did he have an authorization letter since he was a sibling? Was it from CIC or they wrote it themselves?

I will definitely update you all when my wife's visa is in her hands.
No they had not allowed him to pickup his sisters passport. thanks

Asefi

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2014
AOR Received.
20-08-2014
IELTS Request
In process January 20 2015
File Transfer...
First medical October 2013
Med's Request
Remedical January 20 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshahallah.
LANDED..........
Soon inshahallah.
Salaam guys. So when you pick up your passport from the VAC what kind of ID are you supposed to have? I sent my husband's original tazkira with the application so he doesnt have that.. will a photocopy work?

Dandani

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
I got email but i have problem with date of appointment!
There is just write 04/05/2015. With no format date !
Is that May 04 2015 ?

zshah

Feb 24, 2014
Toronto, Ontrio
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-Islamabad-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014 to New Delhi, June 2013 to Islamabad
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
First - 20-11-2012, Second - 02-07-2014
Interview........
Hopefully Waived :D
Passport Req..
In Sha Allah soon bakhair :)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dandani said:
Is that May 04 2015 ?
What email did you get
PPR?

Nick_afg

Feb 29, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-islamabad-New Delhi India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/12/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-14 from Islamabad to new Delhi
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
Redemical sent to NDVO on 27 July 14 E case changed to in process on 07-07-14
Interview........
Wieved
Passport Req..
April 16-2015 pp submitted 24/April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
29 April 2015
LANDED..........
14 may 2015 alhamdulilah
Dandani said:
Is that May 04 2015 ?
is it ppr email just try to open it in defferent computer and
Lets us know hope Kay ppr basha