+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

khatera

Star Member
May 6, 2014
afggirl said:
Hi guys my husband send his passport to Islamabad yesterday for visa and he got a tracking number, so I checked online and it says we recived your passport it's ready for collection does that mean its done he hasn't recived any calls yet? Please help thank you
Salam afggirl,
my husband still waiting to get pakistan visa and will go to Islamabad by Monday, InShaAllah, Can you please send the exact address he has to go to submit his passport, as in the web site it is two address for Islamabad and one for peshawar, would you plz help?

Nick_afg

Feb 29, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-islamabad-New Delhi India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/12/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-14 from Islamabad to new Delhi
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
Redemical sent to NDVO on 27 July 14 E case changed to in process on 07-07-14
Interview........
Wieved
Passport Req..
April 16-2015 pp submitted 24/April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
29 April 2015
LANDED..........
14 may 2015 alhamdulilah
Re: Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.
« Reply #1452 on: March 12, 2015, 09:45:46 am »
Please take time to read, it is worthwhile...

‘High error rate' found in Canada's immigration processing
Internal government reviews find CIC employees often fail to use correct form letters or provide accurate timelines.

By: Nicholas Keung Immigration reporter, Published on Mon Jan 05 2015

Internal government reviews have identified a “high error rate” in immigration processing, from permanent resident applications to refugee work permits, prompting fears over the system's integrity.

The human errors — staff failing to use correct form letters, address missing documents and provide accurate timelines, among other shortcomings — could not only cost individual applicants a chance to live and work in Canada but affect the “efficiency of the system” and create unnecessary backlogs.

“An important area of concerns resides with the letters. The number of request letters not sent, sent incomplete or unclear at initial stage and later on create a negative impact on both clients and the Case Processing Centre (in Vegreville, Alta.),” said an evaluation of operations at Vegreville. It was one of three internal reports obtained under an access to information request.

“It delays the processing, causes more waiting times for clients and increases the work for staff. It also increases the amount of whitemail received at (Vegreville) when clients reply to unnecessary requests or seek clarification. The number of same request letters sent over time also creates unfairness for clients whose applications got refused after one request.”

Immigration applicants have complained about inconsistencies and a lack of fairness in the application processing — and sometimes the decision-making — by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) officials.

The three so-called “quality management” reviews obtained by the Star focused on applications in three areas: permanent residence, refugee work permits and Canadian Experience Class.

The reviews give the public a rare glimpse into the extent of these official errors, which authorities have never admitted to.

While the rank and file of the immigration department blames the errors on the rising number of “casual employees” hired to replace well-trained permanent staff, the government insists that has not compromised the integrity of these programs.

“Since the (Stephen) Harper government came into power, Citizenship and Immigration has seen too many cuts and lost many qualified employees,” said Steve McCuaig, national president of the Canada Employment and Immigration Union.

“You have casual employees brought in within a short time with little training while qualified people are shown the door, and the public is left with people who are not on top of their job,” he said.

According to the union, casual employees make up half the workforce responsible for the reviews of permanent residence applications. These employees, mostly students, are given three days of training on the department's global case management system (GCMS) and rotate on three shifts.

Immigration department spokeswoman Sonia Lesage insisted the system's integrity was not compromised and officials regularly carry out quality monitoring exercises to evaluate programs and review procedures.

“As a result, the department is able to improve programs and provide faster and better services. CIC is focused on making our application processes and our correspondence with clients simpler and clearer,” she wrote in an email.

“We have moved to a system of ensuring perfected applications are handed in at the beginning of the process. With this practice, we have been able to identify missing or invalid information, earlier.”

However, the union's McCuaig said the casual employees are not up to the task and some of the mistakes “are not fixable,” leaving applicants' lives in limbo.

“The government keeps changing its policies. It is a challenge to keep up with all the changes that come every other week,” he said. “And you have to meet the quota and process X number of applications during your 7.5-hour shift.

“This is not like working in a bank and you either give or deny a loan. We are dealing with people's lives and dreams here.”

According to the review of 996 files handled between Nov. 1 and Dec. 6, 2014, at the Vegreville operation, which deals with permanent residence applications, the quality management team found these shortcomings in the 617 request letters sent:
13 per cent did not address all missing items.
23 per cent had no timeline or an incomplete one or did not mention the consequences of failing to reply.
6 per cent were either “not professional” or chose the incorrect template form.

Of 426 files that received a second review during the five weeks, decisions were pending for 149 owing to errors made by decision-makers at an earlier stage.

While the 2013 review of the Canadian Experience Class — a pathway for those with Canadian work experience and education to obtain permanent residence — found 23 per cent of the decisions had “significant” eligibility concerns, the evaluation of refugee permit applications identified 113 errors in 88 files.

Toronto resident Bashar Kassir said he was not surprised by the many errors identified within the immigration system. His sponsorship for his parents in war-torn Syria was denied in August because officials said he failed to respond to letters the family claimed it never received.

“When mistakes are made, they need to recognize it and have recourse to address them,” said Bassir, whose file was finally reopened after his story appeared in the Star in October. “They should not force people to go to endless appeals for their mistakes.”

His parents received their permanent resident visas in December — more than three years after Bassir submitted his sponsorship application.

afggirl

Jan 21, 2015
khatera said:
Salam afggirl,
my husband still waiting to get pakistan visa and will go to Islamabad by Monday, InShaAllah, Can you please send the exact address he has to go to submit his passport, as in the web site it is two address for Islamabad and one for peshawar, would you plz help?
So tell him to go to a CHC approved courier service and send his passport to
Immigration section canadian high commission sector G-5, Diplomatic enclave Islamabad Pakistan
My Husband is at Rawalpindi so this is the address he send goodluck for both of us, do you know how long it will take them to return the
passport? and if you need any other help i will try my best to help

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 IVO/ 06-03-2014 to NDVO
Med's Request
Remeds#1:24-06-2014 #2: 11-12-2015
Med's Done....
Initial:08-28-2012; #1:24-06-2014; #2: 12-12-2015
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
DM Jan 16, 2016 PPR Mar 08, 2016
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
khatera said:
Thank you so much Outlandish for your reply.
I have his Tizkira with me and it came by mistake when i went for his interview I brought it with other documents....Now I don't know if I scan it and send it to him and he show the photo copy of his tazkira, they will accept it or not?
Ohhh really? Hmm I would call cic to make sure they will accept a photocopy. If all else fails, I would send it via DHL priority to him in Afghanistan or Pakistan

Saeed.Afghan

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
AOR Received.
14-01-2013
File Transfer...
Transferred from Islamabad to New Delhi 06-03-2014
Med's Request
Re-med requested 14-10-2014
Med's Done....
20-10-2014
Interview........
14-10-2014, then Status changed to IP same day
Passport Req..
09-03-2015 & Status changed to DM. PP submitted 13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-2015 & my wife collected it 06-04-2015...ALLAHU AKBAR!
khatera said:
Salam afggirl,
Khatera sister

Don't make the same mistake as we did!!! The address in Peshawwar only transfers money, NOT PASSPORTS. My brother-in-law found that out the hard way and it delayed everything to the next day. So he went to the VAC in Islamabad the next day and finally submitted the passport.

Canada Visa Application Centre
14-B Sadiq Plaza, Opposite Miraj Hotel
G-9 Markaz, Islamabad

This is the closest VAC from Afghanistan. I got the address from the official CIC VAC website VFS Global.

khatera

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Saeed.Afghan said:
Khatera sister

Don't make the same mistake as we did!!! The address in Peshawwar only transfers money, NOT PASSPORTS. My brother-in-law found that out the hard way and it delayed everything to the next day. So he went to the VAC in Islamabad the next day and finally submitted the passport.

Canada Visa Application Centre
14-B Sadiq Plaza, Opposite Miraj Hotel
G-9 Markaz, Islamabad

This is the closest VAC from Afghanistan. I got the address from the official CIC VAC website VFS Global.
Thank you so much Saeed.Afghan for sending the address and information. I also found it but was not sure and you made me sure. You are a great help in this forum and I wish you get your PPR as soon as possible. InSha'allah!

khatera

Star Member
May 6, 2014
afggirl said:
So tell him to go to a CHC approved courier service and send his passport to
Immigration section canadian high commission sector G-5, Diplomatic enclave Islamabad Pakistan
My Husband is at Rawalpindi so this is the address he send goodluck for both of us, do you know how long it will take them to return the
passport? and if you need any other help i will try my best to help
Thanks afggirl for the reply, according to my information, the visa will be issued in 15 days and one of my relative got it in one week. I hope your husband also get it in one week :) would you please let me know after how many days your husband got the visa bakhair :) it will really help me as my husband does not have any friend or relative and will stay in hotel.

khatera

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Outlandish said:
Ohhh really? Hmm I would call cic to make sure they will accept a photocopy. If all else fails, I would send it via DHL priority to him in Afghanistan or Pakistan
Hi Outlandish,
do you know how long it will take to get post by DHL for Afghanistan or Pakistan and how much it cost? and which one is better? I have never done. I hope it is not taking long time...
thank you for your help

Anjo14

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
Doc's Request.
12-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-02-2013
File Transfer...
To New Delhi 6-03-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2014
Med's Done....
20-08-2014
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
June 15,2015, submitted July 15,2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Har waqt khast khoda jan basha
Salam friends, have question I order GCMS note feb 12 but still didn't get it yet. When I am going to get it? Ohhh khoda jan even they delaying the GCMS notes as well. I am so tired now :-[

afggirl

Jan 21, 2015
khatera said:
Thanks for reply afggirl for the reply, according to my information, the visa will be issued in 15 days and one of my relative got it in one week. I hope your husband also get it in one week :) would you please let me know after how many days your husband got the visa bakhair :) it will really help me as my husband does not have any friend or relative and will stay in hotel.
Oh i hope in a week i just got so stressed out cause my stupid MP said maybe it will take 4 to 6 months so now you made me relax, i will forsure update you when my husband gets his bakhair:)

Nick_afg

Feb 29, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa-islamabad-New Delhi India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/12/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-14 from Islamabad to new Delhi
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
Redemical sent to NDVO on 27 July 14 E case changed to in process on 07-07-14
Interview........
Wieved
Passport Req..
April 16-2015 pp submitted 24/April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
29 April 2015
LANDED..........
14 may 2015 alhamdulilah
Anjo14 said:
Salam friends, have question I order GCMS note feb 12 but still didn't get it yet. When I am going to get it? Ohhh khoda jan even they delaying the GCMS notes as well. I am so tired now :-[
w/salaam dear anjo : I order mine feb 11 I don't get it too , the thing is that Last month was 28 days as u know gcms note takes 30 days so don't worry dear sister u ll get it By tomorrow for sure I hope u get good news in ur note inshalla

Dandani

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
khatera said:
Hi Outlandish,
do you know how long it will take to get post by DHL for Afghanistan or Pakistan and how much it cost? and which one is better? I have never done. I hope it is not taking long time...
thank you for your help
Hi
You have 2 choice ! Dhl or Fedex !
The fedex is cheeper
I sent by fedex ! Its take about 5-7 days
Call at this number they are coming for ur shipping and u dont have to go to office .

Fedex office in
Kabul
Address: Building # 3
Street # 7
Qala-e-Fathullah
District 10
Kabul
Afghanistan
Hours: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Mobile: +93 (0)20 2211554
+93 (0)77 0336404
Service Available: Export/Import

EXMANE

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Visa Office......
Islam Abad - New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
20-03-2014
Med's Request
25-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2013
khatera said:
Hi Outlandish,
thank you for your help
Some post services do not deliver to Afghanistan, use TNT, and you get within 3 to 4 days and costs 75 dollars... I used it twice and issue... Make sure the address, phone and email is right... You can track online...

khatera

Star Member
May 6, 2014
EXMANE said:
Some post services do not deliver to Afghanistan, use TNT, and you get within 3 to 4 days and costs 75 dollars... I used it twice and issue... Make sure the address, phone and email is right... You can track online...
Thanks a lot EXMANE,
my husband wanted to apply for an other tazikra (MOSANA) as he thinks it is faster and safer than sending by post, can he use the MOSANA or new one or it will be different from the original and CIC will get point on it.. also does he needs the certified translated one too or only tazkira. plz help...