+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afghanistan Spouse Sponsorship thru India

abdul143

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
AFG_HR said:
Share you time line please, because it helps the forum.
Thanks
Thanks afg brd
I app in October 2013 still withing and withing
Enshalla everthing will be ok for all of as bakhair

abdul143

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
kamila_26H said:
w/salaam
IP means 'in process' and DM means 'decision made'
I hope you hear something soon and have you tried ordering notes to give you some idea of what's happening and what they've worked on with your file
Thanks brd for answer me
I did MP enquiry last week she will late me know what is going on with my cace
And I don't konw she hlpe me or not

masoud100

Aug 1, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My relative applied in April 2014 and his spouse received a ppr form couple days earlier. She sent the passport via TCS. Does anyone know how long it takes and also does anyone keep of the TCS tracking numbers anymore. During my sponsorship time there were some individuals that posted tracking numbers and we could see before we got the passports whether it was coming stamped.

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Afg said:
I m the same road as you :)
Im sponsoring my husband from Afghanistan. The Indian visa office got the application on January 2014, the status of app changed into IP since September 2014 and still the same. I ordered a note, got it last week, says eligibility, criminal, medical passed but doesn't say anything about security. I don't know how long it will take security been done!! :-[
Do u know if anyone actually got visa from India within 15 months?? Surprisingly at the bottom of my note says undertaking length 36 months :eek: :eek: my husbands application sent from Canada to India but i don't know why it says undertaking length of Pakistan :(
I am in the same boat as you. Something is not right here and we need to find out as soon as possible. My spouse's case has been in IP since end of october. Ordered notes twice and everything has passed but nothing is mentioned for security. It appears that security has not even started as of January (as per notes). Why haven't they at least started the security? It should at least say "In Progress" next to status.

By the way, the 36 undertaking months in the notes is the length of time you're obliged to take care of your spouse when he/she enters Canada.

Canadian4life

Jan 21, 2015
I'm sponsoring my wife from Afghanistan. The application has been gone to India.
I sent the appliction on April 2014 and got an email that the application is sent to July 23 2014.
I checked the status and it says AR, MR, DM.

Since then I haven't heard anything.

Can anyone tell me what else and how long plzzz????

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4life said:
I'm sponsoring my wife from Afghanistan. The application has been gone to India.
I sent the appliction on April 2014 and got an email that the application is sent to July 23 2014.
I checked the status and it says AR, MR, DM.

Since then I haven't heard anything.

Can anyone tell me what else and how long plzzz????
How long since it's DM?

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4life said:
Since July 23 2014

I haven't heard anything.
How long more is the wait!??
That doesn't make sense. You sent the application in April 2014 and it was DM in July...in only three months? It should say DM for sponsorship but AR/MR for Permanent residency, can you double check that? If this is true, then that means your spouse's case is not yet DM or IP. No one can tell you for sure how long it will take since each case is different and so is each visa officer. For Afghans, if the application has been properly and professionally filled without any errors or missing documentation, and if the visa officer is satisfied with the genuineness of marriage, then it should take approximately 12 months, give or take.

Canadian4life

Jan 21, 2015
desighee said:
That doesn't make sense. You sent the application in April 2014 and it was DM in July...in only three months? It should say DM for sponsorship but AR/MR for Permanent residency, can you double check that? If this is true, then that means your spouse's case is not yet DM or IP. No one can predict how long it will take. For Afghans, if the application has been properly and professionally filled without any errors or missing documentation, and if the visa officer is satisfied with the genuineness of marriage, then it should take approximately 12 months, give or take.

Yes it says Application Received to sponsor your sponsor.
Decision made on July 23 2014: medical received and Applications for my wife received.

That's all it says.
Now when my MP office found out from immigration, they said they received everything and its going smoothly good so far.

Will they call for interview? If they do, will it be in India or in Afghanistan???

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4life said:
Yes it says Application Received to sponsor your sponsor.
Decision made on July 23 2014: medical received and Applications for my wife received.

That's all it says.
Now when my MP office found out from immigration, they said they received everything and its going smoothly good so far.

Will they call for interview? If they do, will it be in India or in Afghanistan???
This would be a good time to order your notes. Notes will indicate where your file is at at this point in time and whether or not an interview is required. Ordering notes will cost you $5 and they will arrive in a month. Make it a habit to order notes every month. If there is an interview, and I pray that you don't get an interview, then it will be in India. There are members on the forum who have had successful interviews and they have also posted tips and information for others. Take this time to read through this thread and get familiar with other people's cases so you're prepared in case of an interview.

It is a good sign if your case goes to IP status. It usually means that the visa officer is satisfied with the proof and documentation provided. He believes the marriage is genuine and does not require an interview.

Canadian4life

Jan 21, 2015
desighee said:
This would be a good time to order your notes. Notes will indicate where your file is at at this point in time and whether or not an interview is required. Ordering notes will cost you $5 and they will arrive in a month. Make it a habit to order notes every month. If there is an interview, and I pray that you don't get an interview, then it will be in India. There are members on the forum who have had successful interviews and they have also posted tips and information for others. Take this time to read through this thread and get familiar with other people's cases so you're prepared in case of an interview.

If your case goes to IP, then 90% of the time, an interview is not required.

In case if there is an interview, do I have to go together with her?

desighee

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4life said:
In case if there is an interview, do I have to go together with her?
You do not have to go to India to attend the interview. However, I strongly suggest and advice members to go accompany their wife at the interview. We have the upper hand here since we have experienced interviews and know what to expect (reading things on this thread). The wife will be nervous and completely overwhelmed by the interview.

If you've provided wedding photographs with family members from both sides and neither of you had previous marriages, then don't worry about interview too much :)

Canadian4life

Jan 21, 2015
desighee said:
You do not have to go to India to attend the interview. However, I strongly suggest and advice members to go accompany their wife at the interview. We have the upper hand here since we have experienced interviews and know what to expect (reading things on this thread). The wife will be nervous and completely overwhelmed by the interview.

If you've provided wedding photographs with family members from both sides and neither of you had previous marriages, then don't worry about interview too much :)

Thanks for the info.
I hope we all get the visas soon.
Can't wait any more longer.

Anjo14

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
Doc's Request.
12-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-02-2013
File Transfer...
To New Delhi 6-03-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2014
Med's Done....
20-08-2014
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
June 15,2015, submitted July 15,2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Har waqt khast khoda jan basha
This week too no update from my side. I am thinking from early 2013 cases are under hand of the one visa officer which he/she is very lazy. That is why all the early 2013 files are stuck in IP... It is really disappointing