+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affordable prenatal care & delivery options in Montreal without RAMQ??

ivelinan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Plateau Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-24-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-03-2012
Med's Done....
May-13-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
Feb-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-18-2013
LANDED..........
Feb-18-2013
Would love to hear from ladies who have been pregnant and given birth in Montreal while waiting for their spousal application to be aproved, have paid cash, and have some recommendations of places to go and doctors to see (or avoid for that matter). Here are our facts:

I'm a US citizen, husband is Canadian PR card holder. Filed outland (Buffalo) end of April 2012. In the meantime, I live with him in Montreal under a tourist status. We just found out we're pregnant, but of course no possibility for medical coverage while tourist. I have been trying to locate affordable clinics in Montreal, but so far have not been very successful (I'm having a hard time understanding "how it works" here).

Our options at the moments are:

1. Pay all cash for pre-natal care and birth in Montreal (based on other posts close to or over $10K, which is not possible for us)
2. Go back to the States without my husband and be pregnant alone and give birth there. And then figure out how to come back with the baby...

If anyone has information on medical institutions / centers in Montreal, which offer affordable pre-natal care and delivery services and accept cash, PLEASE post some names and numbers. It would be GREATLY appreciated :)

My next step is the ultrasound to see how far along we are.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you looked into midwifes? It should cost less. You can also have a look at this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/costs-of-giving-birth-in-canada-permanent-resident-health-card-t92908.0.html where a woman speaks of a hospital in Ottawa giving her a special rate as a spouse being sponsored. Going to Ottawa to have the baby would mean that you are not really that far from your husband.

ivelinan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Plateau Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr-24-2012
File Transfer...
Aug-03-2012
Med's Done....
May-13-2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
Feb-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-18-2013
LANDED..........
Feb-18-2013
Leon said:
Have you looked into midwifes? It should cost less.
I'm working on getting accepted in the waiting list of a birthing clinic of midwives right now, but even then, they dold me that for any tests and medical related complications if any, they send me to the hospital they work with and the hospital charges me separately. So I have to go talk to a few hospitals and see which one will give me the best price.