+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Affordable car insurance in Ontario.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Any recommendations for cheap car insurance in Ontario?

Thanks in advance ;D

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aviva insurance is the cheapest i found. i pay about $80/mo. most other companies wanted to consider me "high risk" because of 1 incident on my record and charge nearly $300/mo. i've been with them for almost 2 years without issue.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
Aviva insurance is the cheapest i found. i pay about $80/mo. most other companies wanted to consider me "high risk" because of 1 incident on my record and charge nearly $300/mo. i've been with them for almost 2 years without issue.
I got quote online for $400/month with Aviva company, I can't believed it, so expensive
Can you tell me how do you do for $80/month? How long have you been driving in Canada?

The cheapest I got is Belairdirect insurance, rate $225/month.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Meya06 said:
I got quote online for $400/month with Aviva company, I can't believed it, so expensive
Can you tell me how do you do for $80/month? How long have you been driving in Canada?

The cheapest I got is Belairdirect insurance, rate $225/month.
it was a struggle and the hardest part of my settlement. aviva was the first company to not charge me a ridiculous amount. i've had a canadian license for about 2 years now. i transferred my license from the states, so i had proof of driving before moving to canada. also, my rate went down a bit when we combined our home insurance to the same company. before then, i was still only paying about $90/mo.

have you tried going through an insurance broker instead of with an insurance company directly? that's how i got my insurance. they will help find you the best deal. google "car insurance broker" + your city and call around for quotes. also, don't go by the online quotes. you have to talk to an actual person and submit your driving/insurance history to get the best deals. start with a broker and go from there...

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
it was a struggle and the hardest part of my settlement. aviva was the first company to not charge me a ridiculous amount. i've had a canadian license for about 2 years now. i transferred my license from the states, so i had proof of driving before moving to canada. also, my rate went down a bit when we combined our home insurance to the same company. before then, i was still only paying about $90/mo.

have you tried going through an insurance broker instead of with an insurance company directly? that's how i got my insurance. they will help find you the best deal. google "car insurance broker" + your city and call around for quotes. also, don't go by the online quotes. you have to talk to an actual person and submit your driving/insurance history to get the best deals. start with a broker and go from there...
Appreciate it, +1 for your help.:)