+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AEO acceptance or rejection factors

mmh771

Jun 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am really confused now between AEO and LMO.

While LMO requires that the Canadian employer to give the reason why s/he is looking to hire someone from outside Canada, and then it asks the employer to state whether s/he advertised the position in the local market before offering it to a foreigner, and finally the decision to accept it or reject it depends on the need of the Canadian market of the applicant's skill, does this apply to AEO also?

Is it required from the Canadian employer to state why is he looking for someone from outside Canada to fill this position? and is it required from him/her to advertise the position on the local newspaper/ad/job bank?

And most important, if the Canadian Market is full with the people with the same experience i'm applying for (Web Programmer) is it likely Service Canada will reject my AEO?

Because i can't couldn't find anything in Service Canada nor in HRSDC website that states a job offer will be accepted or rejected based on the Canadian market need for the applicant skill. so what do you think?

mmh771

Jun 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, i really need an answer to my question, which is: "Does the position i am applying for play a factor in accepting my AEO or not?" because i have heard that Service Canada doesn't accept IT AEO since Canadian market are full of people with IT experience. so it that true?

Thanks.

manir

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-06-2009
I dont know much about LMO but know a little about AEO. I applied through noc 1231-bookkeeper with aeo. My employer submitted his employment history as well as vacancy which is that time in wanted somehow advertised. Thus the service canada verified and approved

mmh771

Jun 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manir said:
I dont know much about LMO but know a little about AEO. I applied through noc 1231-bookkeeper with aeo. My employer submitted his employment history as well as vacancy which is that time in wanted somehow advertised. Thus the service canada verified and approved
When did you submit your AEO? after submitting your FSW application, or with it?

disco1004

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2009
Doc's Request.
18-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011 to Seattle
Med's Request
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
05-01-2012/ Delievered Ottawa 16-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-02-2012 / passport received by Seattle 15-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-03-2012 / Fedex
LANDED..........
soon!
Ad is not necesarry for AEO. I got AEo without it.

I am not 100% sure if AEO approval is based on Canadian market or not.
If your position is something easy to find in Canada, that will not make too much sense.

But based on my expereince, I dont think they will approve or refuse only by job catery number.

Because I got AEO as a bookkeeer which is very very common in Canada.
But my employer needs a bookkeer with foreign language skill, certain education and also stock market experience, so my case made more sense, I guess

Try to add more speicific qualifications /job description to your position offered.
Genuine Job offer letter is very important.

Since your empoyer is a Canadian, and government is trying to serve him,
if he/she make strong case and make nice correspondences with HRSDC officer,
You will have better chance.

hopfully your employer is cooperative.

what about

a Web programmer with Language skill / Sales skill / teaching skill or specailized in #### / related education / specific experience / specific programs skill that your employer needs ....

then you become someone very hard to find witin Canada.

Make a strong case, that is my advice.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
disco1004,

I got AEO last year as programmer .. and i am in US doing same thing from last three year ...

since their r lot of programmers in toronto i m little worried now ... he gave me the job because he really liked my language skills and my attitude ...

I know market does matter because one of the guys got AEO rejected saying that the employer's place already has lot of employees with this job requirement .. it was weared

PUNJAB BOY

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi All,

I also got AEO as bokkeeper and they need not to advertise anything in AEO and Service Canada doesnt consider local market needs. They only thing they are concerned abt is that Job Offer is genuine and u fullfill the requirements of job with ur experince and education.

LMO is for Work Permits and AEO is for PR

manir

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-06-2009
PUNJAB BOY said:
Hi All,

I also got AEO as bokkeeper and they need not to advertise anything in AEO and Service Canada doesnt consider local market needs. They only thing they are concerned abt is that Job Offer is genuine and u fullfill the requirements of job with ur experince and education.

LMO is for Work Permits and AEO is for PR
Hello Disco & Punjabboy thanx for ur contribution. Would u pls mention ur timeline for arranged employment

manir

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-06-2009
PUNJAB BOY said:
mine took 1 year
Thank u again. R u already in canada? which ur category ? details pls.....