+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise required

Jes13

Oct 9, 2017
Please I need group members with similar experience to react to my scenario:
I did not include my spouse on my permanent residence application because we were not married. However, I obtained residence permit before we married a month before my departure to Canada leaving her behind. This is 2008

On arrival, I submitted a spousal application for her and it was denied because she was not examined by an immigration officer and so was not a family member. I personal appealed the decision, but was denied, 2

We tried visiting twice, but to no avail. Friend nominated her for a provincial nominee, but was also refused on the premise of misrepresentation is one of her employment history and so was barred for 2 years, so we did not try anything else

After the 2 years bar was over, we had our little boy 2013 and reapplied for spouse sponsorship with a humanitarian & Compassionate grounds for the best interest of a child through an immigration lawyer, but Mississauga concluded that I was not eligible to sponsor her but have forwarded the application to the processing office.

We also had a daughter in 2015 and now a Canadian citizen though still outside Canada with my wife and son. I have forwarded the Citizenship certificate to the processing office.

No update on the status of the application since August 2015. An MP office have been of assistance and the last update was the security checks will be conducted.

Can anyone with similar or close experience share with me what to do? What is the fate of our application. This is 9 years on this matter. Please share your ideas!

sahiljain22

Sep 10, 2016
Can you elaborate - "On arrival, I submitted a spousal application for her and it was denied because she was not examined by an immigration officer and so was not a family member"

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Please I need group members with similar experience to react to my scenario:
I did not include my spouse on my permanent residence application because we were not married. However, I obtained residence permit before we married a month before my departure to Canada leaving her behind. This is 2008

On arrival, I submitted a spousal application for her and it was denied because she was not examined by an immigration officer and so was not a family member. I personal appealed the decision, but was denied, 2

We tried visiting twice, but to no avail. Friend nominated her for a provincial nominee, but was also refused on the premise of misrepresentation is one of her employment history and so was barred for 2 years, so we did not try anything else

After the 2 years bar was over, we had our little boy 2013 and reapplied for spouse sponsorship with a humanitarian & Compassionate grounds for the best interest of a child through an immigration lawyer, but Mississauga concluded that I was not eligible to sponsor her but have forwarded the application to the processing office.

We also had a daughter in 2015 and now a Canadian citizen though still outside Canada with my wife and son. I have forwarded the Citizenship certificate to the processing office.

No update on the status of the application since August 2015. An MP office have been of assistance and the last update was the security checks will be conducted.

Can anyone with similar or close experience share with me what to do? What is the fate of our application. This is 9 years on this matter. Please share your ideas!
So you were approved for residency as single, then you got married, then you landed as single? In that case, you can never sponsor her. Your only option is to surrender your PR, and re - apply, including her.

Lying about her employment history on her own application was incredibly stupid, considering the only reason you're in this situation is because you lied about your marital status on landing.

Reactions: Will_PA