+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise regarding travelling

Ananya12

Apr 28, 2018
Hi Everyone,
My parents and younger brother are travelling for first time to Canada as a visitor. I just want to know how much cash do they need to carry in canadian dollars or is there any minimum requirement or what will be the decent amount ?
Does immigration officer can cross check the amount ?
( I will be the one hosting them. So i told them to carry $500 dollars for their travel purpose. Would that be problem while entering canada? Or they need to carry more?)

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
My parents and younger brother are travelling for first time to Canada as a visitor. I just want to know how much cash do they need to carry in canadian dollars or is there any minimum requirement or what will be the decent amount ?
Does immigration officer can cross check the amount ?
( I will be the one hosting them. So i told them to carry $500 dollars for their travel purpose. Would that be problem while entering canada? Or they need to carry more?)
Decent amount will be 1000 CAD per week depending how long he will be staying and he can carry max 10000 CAD

Ananya12

Apr 28, 2018
Thank you for your reply. My father transferred me some funds back in November it was more than $40,000 cad. He has receipts and statement for that. Can he show that if immigration officer asked about the proof of funds? Bryanna need your advise.
Thanks