08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
Hi,

I am international student and I am getting married in April'10. Next month I am getting PR.

I am just wondering on which visa can I bring my wife to canada. does she need to apply for PR. And if she needs to apply for PR, then it may take 4-5 months to process application, am I right?

or I can bring her on visitors visa and then apply for PR when she comes here.

can anyone suggest what should I do to bring her within 1 month

Thanks alot

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
challenger485 said:
Hi,

I am international student and I am getting married in April'10. Next month I am getting PR.

I am just wondering on which visa can I bring my wife to canada. does she need to apply for PR. And if she needs to apply for PR, then it may take 4-5 months to process application, am I right?

or I can bring her on visitors visa and then apply for PR when she comes here.

can anyone suggest what should I do to bring her within 1 month

Thanks alot
- If you are getting married before landing in Canada as a PR, you have to inform the visa office, Buffalo. You may be able to add her in your existing application if you get marry soon enough and submit the marriage certificate.
- After you get married, you have to sponsor her in family/souse category. It is true that it is a lengthy process. However, if she is from Europe or USA national the case may take less time.
- Overall, my recommendation is that do not take the risk of marrying and not informing the visa office. Keep everything transparent and up to date communication of your status with the visa office.

Good luck.

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
Well if u r married before u r pr is out ...all u need do is to call cic and inform them that u've just gotten married and that u will want to include your wife in ur application.U will have to fill out some paper work for ur wife with ur marriage pictures and certificate(very important).
U wont have any problem but if ur pr is out before u r married, then u have to start a new application for your wife and the length of her application will depends on her country of residence.
Best of wishes

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
Hey thanks habib and jaundice for your response.

I will get PR in March and my marriage is at the end of April. I also want to keep everything transparent. Let me clear whats going in my mind.

1) 1 case is that I can delay PR process by sending passport after my marriage and then I can include her. As I am international student, I can bring my wife on visitor's visa in 1 month.

2) 2nd case is that if I get PR in march, then I have to sponsor her and it may take 5 to 6 months.

3) 3rd case is that If I get PR in March, can't I bring her on visitor's visa after marriage?

4) If I get PR in march and in the meantime if she gets admission in the university, can she come here on student visa? (BTW She is applying for masters and hopefully she will get admission)

I am just wondering, is 3rd and 4th case possible?

Thanks again for your quick response.
have a good day.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
challenger485 said:
Hey thanks habib and jaundice for your response.

I will get PR in March and my marriage is at the end of April. I also want to keep everything transparent. Let me clear whats going in my mind.

1) 1 case is that I can delay PR process by sending passport after my marriage and then I can include her. As I am international student, I can bring my wife on visitor's visa in 1 month.
- When your medical expires? Your visa for PR remains valid till the expiry of the medical date.
- In my opinion, no need to delay the process. Try to get married ASAP and add her with your existing application. This will delay your process. However, both of you will be able to become PR at the same time.

2) 2nd case is that if I get PR in march, then I have to sponsor her and it may take 5 to 6 months.
- That is correct. Processing time in Buffalo is not that bad considering other Visa offices.

3) 3rd case is that If I get PR in March, can't I bring her on visitor's visa after marriage?
- To attain a visitor visa as your spouse will be difficult. Because you are a PR. However, you can apply and try.

4) If I get PR in march and in the meantime if she gets admission in the university, can she come here on student visa? (BTW She is applying for masters and hopefully she will get admission)
- Just my opinion is that, there will be no problem with admission and student visa. However, still it depends on the visa officer.

I am just wondering, is 3rd and 4th case possible?

Thanks again for your quick response.
have a good day.

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011