+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADVISE PLEASE - When your child is not part of your application!

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
if you cannot get medicals done CIC will hassle and likely eventually make you essentially sign a statement saying you understand the child cannot be sponsored in the future...

if you do this and before landing, the medicals somehow become available, you should send them in and ask for them to be included in the file due to a change in circumstances and request the letter of non-admissibility withdrawn.... technically it would likely be up to the discretion of the IO to actually physically remove the letter and include the medicals of the non-accompanying child with the file, and then possibly re-evaluate based on new circumstances... (especially if the letter you include is unclear)

but i think as long as you have documented proof of these communications, future sponsorship should be an option.... make sure the child is listed on/with the COPC when received as a non accompanying dependant, if they are not, it's probably best to get it sorted out prior to landing to avoid having to jump through more hoops in the future...

it's best to try with all reasonable efforts to get the medicals done PRIOR to sending the applicaiton since it saves signficant back and forth with the office, some offices are stricter than others and will repeatedly ask and even reject a file when the medical is not included, even if the applicant explictedly states that the other parent will not comply...

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Hi guys, i have been reading these posts with much interest, I have a quick question.

I have a daughter who is 21 (22 xmas day this year) she has a child of her own (19 month old) and has lived with her partner for the past 3 years, we just put her on the non accompanying family members with my other daughters who are ages 29 and 26 as she is in a common law relationship and has a family of her own. Does this mean we will still have to have a medical for her as well, seen as she is under 22 still? (well for another 5 months)
I took it that she would not be classed as a dependent now due to her living with someone. Can someone just clarily this for me please.
Thanks
Mandy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you should list her on the non-accompanying on your IMM 0008 because she is not a dependent child any more. You should list her on the additional family information form and include a letter stating that she is not a dependent child as she has been in a common law partnership for 3 years now and is not financially dependent on you.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
Leon said:
I don't think you should list her on the non-accompanying on your IMM 0008 because she is not a dependent child any more. You should list her on the additional family information form and include a letter stating that she is not a dependent child as she has been in a common law partnership for 3 years now and is not financially dependent on you.
Thanks leon, thinking about it now, and I had to ask my OH what he had done, but realised that its the additional family members section that we have put her. So sorry I totaly forgot that is what we had done. But ty for the reply. Im glad that we did do the right thing. :)

Ritangel

Mar 1, 2012
Cindy1 said:
Thanks for your replies. @ Canadianwoman evening as per the court order is 6:00 p.m.

The temporary order for visitation specifies that the child must remain in VA. Therefore he can't be taken out of state. This was only done to appease the mother as she (crazy) said, that she feels my husband is a flight risk as he is moving to Canada and may kidnap their child. Obviously nothing could be further from the truth.

Another court date is set for late August for the judge to review this stipulation, as my husband's US address is in NY. If everything goes well by their next court date, he will then be able to take his son across state lines and will have a greater chance to get the medical done. As this is just a new court order, the court and especially the mother would be unlikely to make any accommodations or concessions as this point.

Our best hope is that the Immigration Officer will see all our efforts to date, and not require the medical for his son (non-accompanying).
Cindy, hae, I have been reading your posts and your issue. Hope things are now ok from your end. What happened in the end? did u get medicals for the son and are you now in Canada?Wot really happened.