+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advise needed urgently pls.

badrafyus

Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for study permit to Canada, about 6weeks ago. i realized i made an oversight mistake while i was filling my application form online. Background information (2b) I checked NO instead of YES. I thought the question was if i have ever been denied a visa to Canada alone. But have been denied a tourist visa to the USA before in 2008. Just today when i realized the mistake i quickly filled a webform on CIC website about the mistake and it was sent successfully. So please i just want to know if this mistake will not have any negative effect on my application. Please advise me on this. My application is still under process.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
It could if no one reads your webform. If the deniel is discovered you could be rejected and/or banned for misrep.
They should give you a chance to respond before a ban though.

badrafyus

Oct 26, 2018
It could if no one reads your webform. If the deniel is discovered you could be rejected and/or banned for misrep.
They should give you a chance to respond before a ban though.
Thanks very much for your response. Please is there any chance that they may not discover about my previous visa refusal base on the fact that it's been over 10 years and the passport expired since 2011.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks very much for your response. Please is there any chance that they may not discover about my previous visa refusal base on the fact that it's been over 10 years and the passport expired since 2011.
Canada and the US share information and records are kept indefinitely. You should assume the refusal will be very easily discovered.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for study permit to Canada, about 6weeks ago. i realized i made an oversight mistake while i was filling my application form online. Background information (2b) I checked NO instead of YES. I thought the question was if i have ever been denied a visa to Canada alone. But have been denied a tourist visa to the USA before in 2008. Just today when i realized the mistake i quickly filled a webform on CIC website about the mistake and it was sent successfully. So please i just want to know if this mistake will not have any negative effect on my application. Please advise me on this. My application is still under process.
You must also email your local visa office to inform them about the US visa refusal

Reactions: badrafyus

badrafyus

Oct 26, 2018
You must also email your local visa office to inform them about the US visa refusal
Thanks everyone for your responses. I submitted my application through visa application centre here in Nigeria (vfs). Because there is no local visa office here. Is there a need for me to inform vfs about the mistake or what must I do please?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks everyone for your responses. I submitted my application through visa application centre here in Nigeria (vfs). Because there is no local visa office here. Is there a need for me to inform vfs about the mistake or what must I do please?
VFS does not make decisions/has no influence for visa applications.

A web form can take several days/even up to a month to reach your file. You must also email the Lagos visa office ASAP:
General: lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

Reactions: badrafyus

badrafyus

Oct 26, 2018
VFS does not make decisions/has no influence for visa applications.

A web form can take several days/even up to a month to reach your file. You must also email the Lagos visa office ASAP:
General: lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
God bless you all. Have actually sent an email to Lagos Visa Office today about the whole thing. Waiting to hear from them. I will keep you posted if there is any update at all.

badrafyus

Oct 26, 2018
Good day all,
Have just been refused a study visa today base on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

The documents I submitted for my study permit are:
LOA from a flying school in Canada ( I applied for Pilot training).
Affidavit of Sponsorship from my elder brother who run an aviation business
Letter of support on the letter headed paper of his company.
Statement of account of his company (both Naira account and US Dollar accounts statement).
My employment letter as an airline dispatcher for the past 7years
My certificate from Nigeria College of Aviation Technology as an Airline Dispatcher
My Dispatcher licence from Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority.
A recommendation letter from the Chief pilot of my company stating that I form an integral part of their flying operations and that I want to further my career prospects in Aviation.
My Marriage Certificate.
An SOP.

Please, i am planning on reapplying. Kindly advise me on what again i need to do for my visa to be approved.

badrafyus

Oct 26, 2018
Business account is not appropriate because that is the company's money you would need his personal account and also if you can show any funds of your own it is also better. Also check the complete requirements of the paper based application even if applying online, they explain better in paper. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp?countrySelect=NG#applications
Thanks very much for the info.
I have landed properties. Can I attached the evidence as my personal asset?
Can my personal car be regarded as my personal asset?
Must there be a substantial amount of money in my personal account if i have to submit it as well?
If i should ask the Chief Pilot of my Company to state in the recommendation letter that i will be offered a job after my training, will that help at all since he did not state it in the first recommendation letter?
Please, what do i need to do about the Travel History?

badrafyus

Oct 26, 2018
Thanks very much for the info.
I have landed properties. Can I attached the evidence as my personal asset?
Can my personal car be regarded as my personal asset?
Must there be a substantial amount of money in my personal account if i have to submit it as well?
If i should ask the Chief Pilot of my Company to state in the recommendation letter that i will be offered a job after my training, will that help at all since he did not state it in the first recommendation letter?
Please, what do i need to do about the Travel History?
@Bryanna please your response to the above questions will highly be appreciated.