+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice required

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Our intended marriage will take place in Australia, July this year. My question is can we lodge our spousal application prior to the wedding or do we have to get married first to get the ball rolling to be sponsored by my husband to be? what will be the fastest possible way to reunited with my fiancé? we haven't started the process yet and we can feel the pressure already. What my hubby wants is for me to go on a tourist visa like I have done twice before only for me to remain in Canada after our wedding while he applies for a spousal visa. My main concern is still my depended daughter that may not be allow to go to school the entire time I will be waiting for a decision to be made. Although, I would rather be with my fiancé today than tomorrow, I do have a responsibility towards my daughter. Please be so kind to enlighten me regarding this hurdle.
Ty

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You cannot apply until you are either common-law or married.

MRheaB

Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
Doc's Request.
11-05-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
File Transfer...
12-04-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
claudi12 said:
Our intended marriage will take place in Australia, July this year. My question is can we lodge our spousal application prior to the wedding or do we have to get married first to get the ball rolling to be sponsored by my husband to be? what will be the fastest possible way to reunited with my fiancé? we haven't started the process yet and we can feel the pressure already. What my hubby wants is for me to go on a tourist visa like I have done twice before only for me to remain in Canada after our wedding while he applies for a spousal visa. My main concern is still my depended daughter that may not be allow to go to school the entire time I will be waiting for a decision to be made. Although, I would rather be with my fiancé today than tomorrow, I do have a responsibility towards my daughter. Please be so kind to enlighten me regarding this hurdle.
Ty
If you have been living together continuously for at least a year then you can lodge your application as common law and update your file for the marriage in July, this may get the ball rolling sooner if you are indeed living together.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You have to wait until you are married or common-law, as noted above. However, if you are an Australian citizen, you can come to Canada as a visitor both before and after your marriage. Your daughter may be able to go to school in Canada. Certainly she can attend school as an international student, but that is expensive. However, some forum members have reported that they just talked to the school principal of their neighbourhood school in Canada, and in many cases the child was allowed to attend. It depends on the school district and the principal, so if one says no, ask at others.

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
The question I am about to ask is regarding adult children who do not want to be included in the process.
How can I avoid this to happen. I have read the check list and on of the forms all the children 18 years and over need to be mentioned and provided a police clearance and medical exam. Am I obligated to include my two adult kids if they do not want to? How will it affect our case? Is there a for my kids or I need to fill in to be excluded in the process? Sorry for all the questions but we are planning to fill out all the forms to submit soo after the marriage.
Thanks in advance

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
It is for dependent children 18 and over. If you child is 18, then they must be included, although they can be listed as non-accompanying. If they are 19 or older, they are not dependents according to CIC (unless they are completely dependent on you due to a disability).

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, non-dependent children over 18 do not need a police check or a medical. They are not included, and cannot in fact be sponsored.
They do have to be listed on IMM 5406, the Additional Family Information form. This is just information CIC wants; it does not mean the adult children are being sponsored or will be immigrating.