+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice required on TEF/French

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Hello everyone, I need help! Those who have already given TEF, how similar is the exam to the two preparation books, TEF test evaluation d'français 250 activités and TEF Objectif reussite? I found the TEF Objetcif Reussite papers easier than the 250 activités ones. So how similar is the real TEF to either of these? Please let me know, the 250 activités book is giving me nightmare in the reading section,other sections are quite similar to the objectif reussite ones. I am planning to give the exam either in Feb or in March.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Hello everyone, I need help! Those who have already given TEF, how similar is the exam to the two preparation books, TEF test evaluation d'français 250 activités and TEF Objectif reussite? I found the TEF Objetcif Reussite papers easier than the 250 activités ones. So how similar is the real TEF to either of these? Please let me know, the 250 activités book is giving me nightmare in the reading section,other sections are quite similar to the objectif reussite ones. I am planning to give the exam either in Feb or in March.
actually the reading part is not difficult. nor the listening one I would say (but that varies on how much experience one has). the speaking and writing should be a challenge as you cannot foresee your results. no sample test will tell you how you will do on the real one
good luck

Sin99

Oct 18, 2018
actually the reading part is not difficult. nor the listening one I would say (but that varies on how much experience one has). the speaking and writing should be a challenge as you cannot foresee your results. no sample test will tell you how you will do on the real one
good luck
:eek:comment vous pouvez dire une telle chose? La CE a ete mon calvaire, car elle necessite beaucoup d'apprentissage. D'ailleur toute l'epreuve du TEF n'est pas facile:mad:

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
good luck
Actually I am able to do section 1, 3 and 4 but I am getting stuck in section 2. There are so many words in the passages which I dont understand and guessing the answer is a risk. And this section has the most weightage, 25 questions are in sec 2 and 25 in the other 3 sections.

Of course nothing is easy, everything is challenging, I am doing listening and reading now, and will go to speaking and writing once I am done with this. In speaking, if we practice 15-20 topics, and are able to form questions, that shouldnt be too difficult. The part 2 is scary though as we'll have to convince the examiner to do something. And of course writing will be like IELTS, we have to use proper linkers and organize the ideas and use good grammar too.

reshmi nair

Feb 2, 2021
Hi Monica25, I am really inspired by your score. I would be grateful please if you could guide me a bit. I have my exam in a month's time. How many attempts had you given?