+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice regarding my situation

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
Hello everybody

I applied for a temporary visitor visa from Iran around 40 days ago, with my wife.
We have an invitation letter from my wife's sister and her husband.
They have 3 young children, and their 3rd child is newborn. My brother in law had a car accident around 8 months ago and since then he can't work. This situation mixed with the born of the 3rd child really hit them hard and they are rock bottom emotionally and mentally. So they decided to invite us to Canada to be with them and also help them around. (they have no other family member in Canada)

Regarding our situation
We (me and my wife) both have full-time jobs with more than enough salaries
We showed bank statements with around 25000 CAD
I have 4 real states to my name (2 portion of each is in my name, the other 4 portions are in my father and mother's name)
All our immediate family (except my sister in law) are living in Iran
I have a brother who has mental and physical disorders and lives with my parents (I stated this in family information form as I thought it can be a good tie for return.)
Neither of us has a good travel history. My wife has 5-6 turkey stamps, and I have only one turkey stamp.
We both submitted employment letters.
We both submitted insurance letters.

In the purpose of travel section, we explained that the main reason for our travel is to help our family at their time of need. and explained our host situations.
In some other threads in this forum, I read people saying that taking care of a child is illegal work in canada.
In our application, I explained that "My wife can help her sister take care of her children while I can help around the house and help my brother in law with his doctor appointments."
This is the exact explanation that I submitted to the CIC.
Now, does this considered as illegal work too? as I stated that we want to help our in-laws, and not taking care of the children directly.

If this is considered illegal work and could result in a rejection, is there any way that I can send them a cover letter and explain the situation more before they make their final decision?

In overall, how much chance do we have to get approved?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated
Regards

@Bryanna

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everybody

I applied for a temporary visitor visa from Iran around 40 days ago, with my wife.
We have an invitation letter from my wife's sister and her husband.
They have 3 young children, and their 3rd child is newborn. My brother in law had a car accident around 8 months ago and since then he can't work. This situation mixed with the born of the 3rd child really hit them hard and they are rock bottom emotionally and mentally. So they decided to invite us to Canada to be with them and also help them around. (they have no other family member in Canada)

Regarding our situation
We (me and my wife) both have full-time jobs with more than enough salaries
We showed bank statements with around 25000 CAD
I have 4 real states to my name (2 portion of each is in my name, the other 4 portions are in my father and mother's name)
All our immediate family (except my sister in law) are living in Iran
I have a brother who has mental and physical disorders and lives with my parents (I stated this in family information form as I thought it can be a good tie for return.)
Neither of us has a good travel history. My wife has 5-6 turkey stamps, and I have only one turkey stamp.
We both submitted employment letters.
We both submitted insurance letters.

In the purpose of travel section, we explained that the main reason for our travel is to help our family at their time of need. and explained our host situations.
In some other threads in this forum, I read people saying that taking care of a child is illegal work in canada.
In our application, I explained that "My wife can help her sister take care of her children while I can help around the house and help my brother in law with his doctor appointments."
This is the exact explanation that I submitted to the CIC.
Now, does this considered as illegal work too? as I stated that we want to help our in-laws, and not taking care of the children directly.

If this is considered illegal work and could result in a rejection, is there any way that I can send them a cover letter and explain the situation more before they make their final decision?

In overall, how much chance do we have to get approved?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated
Regards

@Bryanna
Hi

You have little chance of approval. You have basically told IRCC that you plan to be caregivers for your family. There is no point in trying to submit anything to explain.

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
Hi

You have little chance of approval. You have basically told IRCC that you plan to be caregivers for your family. There is no point in trying to submit anything to explain.
Well the truth is that they need our help. Specially emotional help as they have no one else in Canada. Besides, we only requested a 15-25 days visit. How much help can we provide anyways?
In the invitation letter they also stated that they need to be with their family (they didn't mention anything about physical help)

In another matter, the processing time for Iranians is currently 50 days. My application has already past 40 days and I got 2 profile/application updates.
I heard from many people that rejections usually comes very soon (less than a month after biometrics). Is this correct?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well the truth is that they need our help. Specially emotional help as they have no one else in Canada. Besides, we only requested a 15-25 days visit. How much help can we provide anyways?
I recommend you don't send any new explanation for the purpose of your visit. It would only draw even greater focus to the *caregiver* purpose. It's best to just go with the flow.

In the invitation letter they also stated that they need to be with their family (they didn't mention anything about physical help)
The explanation you had provided has done the damage. Nonetheless, do stay optimistic. Who knows you might get lucky!

In another matter, the processing time for Iranians is currently 50 days. My application has already past 40 days and I got 2 profile/application updates.
I heard from many people that rejections usually comes very soon (less than a month after biometrics). Is this correct?
There's no truth in this. I know one case who was refused after more than one year of processing..... yes, one year!

If you received ghost emails recently but no updates to the processing status, you can expect decisions soon

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
There's no truth in this. I know one case who was refused after more than one year of processing..... yes, one year!

If you received ghost emails recently but no updates to the processing status, you can expect decisions soon
I didn't get any emails. In the CIC website the status of the application changed to Application/Profile Updated, but there was no change when I check full application status. This first happened around 1 month ago and again on October 17th.

Yeah I heard about that guy in an Iranian forum too. He got famous for that lol
But this happens like once in thousands of applications. In normal situations they say that rejections come a lot sooner and if your application took long, it can be good news.

Regarding caregiver thing, Honestly I don't even understand it. What's the problem of one family member helping another family member?
I mean given the situation, It's obvious that we are going there to help no matter if I say it or not.
And if there's a law that says "whoever is coming to Canada with the intention of helping another person should not be granted entry", then I should get rejected right away.
There was a guy in that Iranian forum who applied for TRV and got approved. His purpose of travel was helping his mother and sister as his mother was going to have a knee surgery. Her sister sent him an invitation and stated that she needs her brother to help taking care of their mother after the surgery.
Now do you think his situation is different from mine? Is there a strict law about this helping thing or it is totally up to the VO to decide?

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
@Bryanna

Hello
Could you pls kindly response to my above comment?

Also, i checked CIC website just now and I noticed there is a new box on top that syas:

Application Status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Now I'm sure this is new and yesterday there was no such box.
Is this a general change in CIC website's structure, or there is some change in my application?

Regards and thanks for the time you are devoting Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah I heard about that guy in an Iranian forum too. He got famous for that lol
But this happens like once in thousands of applications. In normal situations they say that rejections come a lot sooner and if your application took long, it can be good news.
I was referring to a Pakistan applicant who is an Australian PR. Background checks took more than one year and ultimately lead to a refusal. Not sure what emerged in those checks. The guy was pretty devastated to say the least.

Regarding caregiver thing, Honestly I don't even understand it. What's the problem of one family member helping another family member?
I mean given the situation, It's obvious that we are going there to help no matter if I say it or not.
Asian cultures will accept this reasoning because it is considered as a family thing to do. But, it is not the same in other countries. It is viewed as taking away employment from a local citizen/PR.

There was a guy in that Iranian forum who applied for TRV and got approved. His purpose of travel was helping his mother and sister as his mother was going to have a knee surgery. Her sister sent him an invitation and stated that she needs her brother to help taking care of their mother after the surgery.
It's hard to tell how the same application could be assessed by two/more visa officers. The decision could be entirely different, and sometimes the same application (if someone has reapplied with the exact same documents) could result in different refusal reasons. So, it's probably down to luck (and good weather :) sometimes)

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
@Bryanna

Hello Bryanna
How you doing?

I have a few more questions if you dont mind :)

1- considering I already received 2 Application/Profile Updates, and considering that the normal proccessing time has past, can I assume that my application is in the backgeound check proccess?

2- Is background check the last step? I mean if they send the application for the background check, does it mean that everything else is okay and they only need to run background check?

3- If the background check comes back clean, can I assume that I get the visa?

4- Do they only run background check on applicants, or they run it for host/inviter too?

Much Obliged!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
1- considering I already received 2 Application/Profile Updates, and considering that the normal proccessing time has past, can I assume that my application is in the backgeound check proccess?
Did you submit a paper application or an online one?

2- Is background check the last step? I mean if they send the application for the background check, does it mean that everything else is okay and they only need to run background check?
No, it is not the last stage in processing.

3- If the background check comes back clean, can I assume that I get the visa?
No assurances. Background checks only determine whether or not an applicant has any criminal, security, or any other similar admissibility issues. The application will be then assessed to determine if the person is a genuine, short-stay visitor.

4- Do they only run background check on applicants, or they run it for host/inviter too?
Host/Inviter already have immigration status in Canada = Have been cleared for these checks

Reactions: BeziLei

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
Did you submit a paper application or an online one?
I applied online on September 8. Did the biometrics on September 11. Biometrics data uploaded into my account on 11th Sep too.

No, it is not the last stage in processing.
I mean that if VO checks the application and decides it doesn't meet the requirements, why dedicate extra time and probably money to run a background check? for example, if VO is not satisfied with my travel history, why would he run a background check on me? I'll get rejected anyway, so no need for a background check.

Do they verify all the documents that I uploaded? for example they call the bank and insurance companies and my employer to check if my documents are true? If they do these checks for visitor visas then taking so long would be normal. But if they don't, I don't know what took them so long.
I applied from Iran, and Canada doesn't have an embassy in Iran. Even for biometrics, we have to travel to other countries like Turkey or Georgia as there is no VAC in Iran. Besides, Iran an Canada are considered hostile countries due to some political issues that also led to the closure of the Canadain embassy in Tehran too. So I think it will be very hard or even impossible for them to verify Iran related documents. Wouldn't you think?

Do you think it would be a good idea to send them an email considering my normal processing time has passed? or you think it's better to wait a little bit longer?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied online on September 8. Did the biometrics on September 11. Biometrics data uploaded into my account on 11th Sep too.
In that case do check your background check status.

I mean that if VO checks the application and decides it doesn't meet the requirements, why dedicate extra time and probably money to run a background check? for example, if VO is not satisfied with my travel history, why would he run a background check on me? I'll get rejected anyway, so no need for a background check.
I cannot answer these questions. Sorry.

Do they verify all the documents that I uploaded? for example they call the bank and insurance companies and my employer to check if my documents are true?
Yes. That's why an applicant would not risk a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation by submitting any false information or fraudulent documents.

I applied from Iran, and Canada doesn't have an embassy in Iran. Even for biometrics, we have to travel to other countries like Turkey or Georgia as there is no VAC in Iran. Besides, Iran an Canada are considered hostile countries due to some political issues that also led to the closure of the Canadain embassy in Tehran too. So I think it will be very hard or even impossible for them to verify Iran related documents. Wouldn't you think?
Again, I cannot answer this question. That said, you can be sure that the level of scrutiny will be higher + IRCC has third party sources to verify information/documents in any country.

Do you think it would be a good idea to send them an email considering my normal processing time has passed? or you think it's better to wait a little bit longer?
It depends on your background check status

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
In that case do check your background check status.

I cannot answer these questions. Sorry.

Yes. That's why an applicant would not risk a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation by submitting any false information or fraudulent documents.

Again, I cannot answer this question. That said, you can be sure that the level of scrutiny will be higher + IRCC has third party sources to verify information/documents in any country.

It depends on your background check status
It says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message when there is an update." something like that.

It was like this from the day I applied and never changed.

-----

Do all the embassies verify all documents from each applicant?
The US embassy interviews the applicants in person and the VO decides to either reject or approve the visa at that very same interview. So no time to verify anything.
At least for Iranians it was like this. People used to go to the US embassy in Dubai or Istanbul, get interviewed and get the decision on their visa request right after the interview. This was before Trump's travel ban though. Now the US embassy doesn't even schedule an interview for Iranians.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message when there is an update." something like that.

It was like this from the day I applied and never changed.
Background checks can take several weeks/months to even more than one year in some cases depending on the level of checks that IRCC is doing.

Don't send any email or IRCC web form until these checks are completed. It won't help.

Do all the embassies verify all documents from each applicant?
Yes

Reactions: BeziLei

BeziLei

Oct 21, 2018
@Bryanna

Hello

Hope you are doing well

Just wanted to share the good news with you

We just get pass requested :D:D

I have a question to ask though

I'm traveling to Ankara on another matter in a few days, but I'm not staying long. How long do you think it'll take to stamp the passports?
Is it a good idea to go to the embassy myself and wait for the stamp? or do you think it's better to give passports to an agency to do it after I return from Ankara?

Regards