+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice please?

NatalieB

Apr 14, 2013
Hello everyone my name is Natalie, and i just need some advice and or help please. My common law husband and I met 7 years ago and he moved to Canada 2007 after a bunch of misinformation,he got an exclusion order due to an overstay in 2009 they did not execute the exclusion order until last month. We have been common law and been living together for the last 5 1/2 years, Him and i have a 4 year old daughter together. After hopefully getting the right information we are applying for sponsorship and an authority to return to Canada when he leaves this month as we have been told it is better to apply for everything when he leaves the country. Does anyone have an advice on how to get him up here faster? Or the best way to apply for the sponsorship and arc? Success rate for the arc? I am very confused, very lost and extremely heartbroken. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
Hello,

While I am not experienced enough to give you a definitive answer, I do know that outland applications are typically faster, so applying after he leaves would work. However, you can start the process for outland before he leaves, just the paperwork will go to the country he will be applying from. Can you include where he will be going? This will help people assess wait times and the like.

Hope this little bit helps. Hang in there!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
ARC usually adds 2-3 months to processing time, although your actual time may vary. They will process it along with his PR application. Since he's applying for permanent status, he should be fine as long as he has no other admissibility issues (i. e., criminal convictions).

You'll need to do an Outland sponsorship. Here is a guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

First - apply for his FBI clearance. You don't need to apply for a police clearance in Canada - CIC will do that on their own. If he's lived in any other countries 6 months or more, he'll need clearances there (even if he was a visitor or student).

Next - get familiar with the forms. Don't fill them out yet, but start looking at what you'll need. Make sure to read over the required documents checklist.

Schedule his medical exam about 6-8 weeks from the date he mails his FBI clearance.

Start gathering your proof documents and identity documents.

Once FBI check comes back and you have medical done or scheduled soon, complete the application forms. Then triple check it all to make sure you have a complete package, pay the fees, and mail it off to CIC.