+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice: Out of country and need to contact CIC urgently about application

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi,

I'm currently in Europe (here for another 2 months). When I left, I called CIC call centre to advise them that I would be gone for more than 2 weeks, as per the instructions on their site. The woman I spoke to said that because I was still AOR, she couldn't access my file or do anything to make a note..... she advised to call once my application moved to IP and was with a local office.

Guess what??? You can't call from outside Canada!!

So here I am, not available for the next 2 months, and not able to TELL them that I am gone (thus voiding their terms).

To cap it off, my eCAS says I have been sent a letter requesting more information (please not RQ!!!) and my person back in Canada says nothing has arrived. So now I don't know what they want, I can't contact them, and if they want fingerprints, I'm not in the country to do that......

Having a bit of a freak out, what do you suggest I do? Please help!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
You can call this number:
+1 613 944 4000

Then hit 1 for english, then hit 1 for immigration. (But listen to the options first, maybe I misremember)

This is the number of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who then forwards you to CIC.

I just tried calling this number from Skype and it worked with no problems.

flyingscottie

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

spyfy said:
You can call this number:
+1 613 944 4000

Then hit 1 for english, then hit 1 for immigration. (But listen to the options first, maybe I misremember)

This is the number of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who then forwards you to CIC.

I just tried calling this number from Skype and it worked with no problems.