+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on Visitor Visa for my uncle and his family with outstanding financials (IMO)

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Hi,

I moved to Canada in June 2022 and I'm currently well settled in toronto. My uncle asked me about the tourist visa application process, but because of lack of knowledge I was unable to guide him. My cousin (uncle's daughter) who has a friend in Vancouver told me today that she has already started the tourist visa application, and they are planning to submit it in 1-2 days. They got a invite from her friend in Vancouver who is a PR(married and in Canada for 6-7 years), and they used her letter to prepare the documents. I reviewed their application on call today and did some research on this forum. My conclusion is that their visa application will be rejected because the ties that they have shown in their application to India are not strong enough. I couldn't find any case on this forum that matched their exact situation so I thought I'll start a new thread and get some advise.

A breif intro to their profile.

1. They don't have any interest in coming to Canada to settle in here. They are planning around 20-30 days trip to visit Canada to see my cousin sister's friend in Vancouver and then see me in toronto.
2. My Uncle(primary applicant) has a good bussiness in India, with around 20-30 employees, and his personal income around $60,000 CAD, he owns a joint property with his mom and sister, with a value of around $1.5m CAD and has some stock investments too, he also has some joint assets in his business along with his sister,
3. His wife is not working, she is a homemaker, but has some investments in her name mostly in stocks and bonds, her investments would be around $100,000
4. His daughter is currently working with a annual salary of $25,000 CAD. apart from that she has investments around $180,000 CAD

They were about to finalize and submit the application, when I checked with them, and asked them to hold on till I do some research.

I have a feeling that their application will get rejected because:

1. Primary applicant my uncle is the only one who has a property in India, but its jointly owned.
2. His wife doesn't have a job or a property in her name, so no strong ties.
3. His daughter has a job, and a leave application approved for 30 days, but I have read that doesn't count as strong ties. Since she is 18+ and single her application would be considered as an adult, and since she doesn't have any property in her name she might get a rejection because of no strong ties.
4. The invitation letter that her friend sent to her doesn't mention anything that would be a concrete reason for her visit. Her friend just mentioned that becuae of COVID they couldn't meet in person, and now because the situation has improved its a good oppurtunity for her to give them a visit and explore canada.

So the categories where I see a rejection are:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Ties to country of residence

Even though they have strong financials I feel they might get rejected because of above mentioned reasons.

What do you guys think? Is there anything they can do to improve the application?

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
I forgot to mention based on some advise form a family friend, they are not including me in their application because I'm related to them. So having me in the application would mean that they have some ties in Canada and that would lead to a rejection.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I forgot to mention based on some advise form a family friend, they are not including me in their application because I'm related to them. So having me in the application would mean that they have some ties in Canada and that would lead to a rejection.
IRCC will have access to information that will identify whether you have family in Canada. Not being upfront or misrepresenting whether you have family in Canada is never a good idea.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
I understand that, but they are not from my immediate family. They are like distant relatives, but because I'm from india everyone there it is still considered family.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand that, but they are not from my immediate family. They are like distant relatives, but because I'm from india everyone their is considered family.
So not your true uncle? You can’t say uncle in Canada and on an immigration forum and assume that people will know you aren’t talking about your actual uncle.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Yeah, its actually difficult to explain the whole situation, relations in India are complicated, Sorry if my post wasn't accurate.

But that is not my main concern, they are already applying using an invitation from a friend instead of me.

My main concern/question is will they get a approval if other family members don't own a property.