+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on travel without spouse.

Aug 20, 2018
Hi ,
I am applying for express entry pr along with my spouse. I am the primary applicant. My spouse is currently working in US .
Is it possible that we get the PR together and I would travel to Canada alone initially get a job , and then my spouse can resign his current job and move.
Is it necessary that we both should enter Canada together ?
Also, once we enter Canada and "activate" our PR , is it possible to keep travelling back and forth between US and Canada or is it that we have to take up a permanent residence at some address there ?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Is it possible that we get the PR together and I would travel to Canada alone initially get a job , and then my spouse can resign his current job and move.
Yes you can.

Is it necessary that we both should enter Canada together ?
No

H
Also, once we enter Canada and "activate" our PR , is it possible to keep travelling back and forth between US and Canada or is it that we have to take up a permanent residence at some address there ?
You are free to travel however keep in mind you need to meet the residency obligation and be physically living in Canada for at least 2 years in any given 5-year period.

Reactions: eevisaapplicant