Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
I am hoping someone can answer me on this question. I am still waiting for word on my appeal hearing. If
it does turn out to be a no and we are refused on the basis that they don't believe we are in a genuine marriage, do we even have a chance at getting a tourist visa? He applied for a tourist visa twice at the beginning of our relationship before we were married and was laughed out the door. Seriously! Anyways we went ahead and got married and decided not to go that route again. :(
Anyways now we're in the last days before hearing news and are scrambling to prepare for news either way. We still would like my husband to come and meet all my family. They all communicate to him pretty regularly on facebook and the phone, etc. but obviously he still hasn't met them in person yet. I did go and stay there for 7 months until word of my appeal hearing came for April 19th. But being away for that long was really hard. I would like it if he could come here meet them all and prepare for my possible departure and just see what we've been fighting for all these past 2 years. Is that really so unreasonable? Maybe he could improve his english a bit too. As it is now, he's working constantly to prepare for his possible departure to come to Canada, but since he lives with his family, his money is getting eaten away for rent and day to day expenses. My husband is a very law abiding citizen, never had a criminal record, is not affiliated with any political parties, but he comes from a Muslim country (still not a crime) and is Islamic in upbringing. I only say this because it seemed to be a huge issue at my husbands appeal hearing.
Since I lived there for the length of time I was there, it's not like I don't understand who my husband is. He is from a very traditional Turkish family. But I wouldn't say he's from a third world country where he's escaping poverty. His whole family all have good jobs and so does all of his relatives too. They are established people. With their own homes and roots there. Why is there so much suspicion about his intentions to come here? Maybe if we got everyone in my family to sign the invitation letter with their addresses and phone numbers?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Since his TRV requests were refused even before he was married to a Canadian, such a request is even less likely to be granted now. He has to prove he will leave Canada; with a Canadian spouse, that is hard to do to the embassy's satisfaction. Invitations from your relatives won't help prove he will leave.
Ideally, he should show proof he has a job, a house or apartment (owned or rented), a car, money in the bank, investments, a business would be good, family - especially children - left behind. But probably he showed many of these things in his first two applications, and was refused anyway.

Bangkokcanuck had some success when his wife was refused a TRV by filing a formal complaint that day with the embassy. Someone higher up then talked to him and looked at their evidence, and the visa was issued. They had a lot of evidence she would leave Canada though, and she got the TRV before they were married. Here's the thread his experience is in:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/of-denied-applicants-that-are-in-genuine-relationships-what-do-u-think-t72781.0.html

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Thanks canadianwoman. It's something to think about. I just don't think it makes much sense to try and prove that he has ties to Canada when the whole point of getting his PR would be to live in Canada not in Turkey. This whole thing makes no sense to me. If he was refused PR status in Canada we're going to be living in Istanbul, I just can't understand why he can't come at least for a visit. It's all like a terrible nightmare, and everything that we wanted for our life together is like some impossible dream. People seem to think its all so easy. I regularly get questions like why can't he come for a visit, like just get on a plane and come here. Before going through this, I would've thought the same thing.
Ok it's just all very frustrating and I'm still going crazy waiting for word about my appeal hearing and trying to be optimistic and have something to tell him so we can look at the bright side. All I can say is thank god for working and for this forum where I read positive outcomes sometimes for genuine relationships and helpful advice for sincere people looking for answers. It's a lot more than just filling out the forms and waiting for an inevitable visa. It's left in the hands of people who have hunches, who are deciding MY LIFE and my choice to spend the rest of my life with the man that I chose to love.