+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on Study Permit

Merch

May 18, 2024
I previously applied for a study permit and was rejected for insufficient proof of funds, I also did not provide a study plan. I have rectified this issue and gotten all the previous financial documents certified and added some extra documents. I have also gotten a letter that says my parents will be paying for my studies, I have just turned 18. I have included a detailed study plan as well as academic records, parents and siblings birth certificates and passports as proof of relationship. I however did not provide passport digital photos in this current application and noticed it immediately after submission, I filled out the webform and attached them less than 10 hours after the main submission. Will I be rejected again??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I previously applied for a study permit and was rejected for insufficient proof of funds, I also did not provide a study plan. I have rectified this issue and gotten all the previous financial documents certified and added some extra documents. I have also gotten a letter that says my parents will be paying for my studies, I have just turned 18. I have included a detailed study plan as well as academic records, parents and siblings birth certificates and passports as proof of relationship. I however did not provide passport digital photos in this current application and noticed it immediately after submission, I filled out the webform and attached them less than 10 hours after the main submission. Will I be rejected again??
Did you include PAL? Di you pay first year tution? How much in cash did you show? Not sure why you need sibling birth certificates. No one can tell you if you will e rejected again.

Merch

May 18, 2024
Yes I included PAL, I did pay my tuition deposit but did not include it, I showed enough to cover 2 years tuition and living expenses however these documents were not certified nor did they have bank letterheads, and did not state that my parents will be the ones paying for me (it's their statements). I have now rectified this when reapplying.
What do you think of me providing the digital photos through the webform, will they acknowledge it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I included PAL, I did pay my tuition deposit but did not include it, I showed enough to cover 2 years tuition and living expenses however these documents were not certified nor did they have bank letterheads, and did not state that my parents will be the ones paying for me (it's their statements). I have now rectified this when reapplying.
What do you think of me providing the digital photos through the webform, will they acknowledge it?
So you are showing around $60k in bank statements and the bank accounts have considerably more than that so parents can support themselves and other children too. Include your tuition deposit. You can add digital photos through webform.

Merch

May 18, 2024
Yes I have shown my parents can afford my full cost of tuition and living expenses for the entire course and have sent the digital photos through the webform. Thankyou for your response.