+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on obtaining a PR Card

Doze

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Please advise me how to move forward with the following situation:

A few days ago I received a final request for visa and about to send my passport along with the requested information to Canadian embassy.

I have to enter Canada in a few months based on the date I passed my medical.

However, I have contractual obligations at my current job for 10 months and can't permanently move to Canada.

I have a friend living in Canada and I'm thinking about providing his mail address in my online account for receiving the PR card. Up on receiving the card, my friend will mail it to country X where I will be returning within 2 or 3 days after entering Canada.

Will this plan work or there are some caveats in the process?

Thank you,

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Please advise me how to move forward with the following situation:

A few days ago I received a final request for visa and about to send my passport along with the requested information to Canadian embassy.

I have to enter Canada in a few months based on the date I passed my medical.

However, I have contractual obligations at my current job for 10 months and can't permanently move to Canada.

I have a friend living in Canada and I'm thinking about providing his mail address in my online account for receiving the PR card. Up on receiving the card, my friend will mail it to country X where I will be returning within 2 or 3 days after entering Canada.

Will this plan work or there are some caveats in the process?

Thank you,
Yes, plan is ok.