05-10-2022
Med's Request
20-09-2022
Med's Done....
06-10-2022
Interview........
NA
Hi
We applied in June 2022. Me and the PA are from the same country. We met through a matrimony app and then spoke and fell in love with each other. We met during the peak of covid-19 so neither of us could visit each other. Me being a Canadian citizen also needed a visa to go to my home country. So after the borders were opened and I managed to get a visa, we planned on getting married unsure when again the borders might get closed. We had a ritualistic wedding with lots of people attending from both sides of the family. We have pictures, social media posts from both of us, comments from family and friend, pictures of relatives and friends at the wedding and reception, that we provided. So my question is, are those enough proof? We haven't received any pre arrival yet and the PA's eligibility went into progress on nov 7, 2022 and it has been complete silence since then. Should we be worried?

Thanks in advance

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
It should be enough, if you've already received PA's eligibility approval then all you have to do is wait for the rest of the process or wait until they ask for more documents.

Reactions: Avi_Immigration

Avi_Immigration

Dec 8, 2022
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-06-2022
AOR Received.
30-08-2022
File Transfer...
05-10-2022
Med's Request
20-09-2022
Med's Done....
06-10-2022
Interview........
NA
It should be enough, if you've already received PA's eligibility approval then all you have to do is wait for the rest of the process or wait until they ask for more documents.
We haven't received PA's eligibility approval yet. It's been in process since Nov 7th 2022

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
We haven't received PA's eligibility approval yet. It's been in process since Nov 7th 2022
It will be fine, if they haven't asked you for extra documents yet you really have nothing else to do but wait unfortunately. Eligibility/BG check takes the most time for most people.

Avi_Immigration

Dec 8, 2022
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-06-2022
AOR Received.
30-08-2022
File Transfer...
05-10-2022
Med's Request
20-09-2022
Med's Done....
06-10-2022
Interview........
NA
Be prepared, as this could certainly be a red flag.
Even with all the pictures of different ceremonies attended by several hundred guests from.both sides of the family. Arrange marriages in my culture happen like this. Won't they consider that?

Avi_Immigration

Dec 8, 2022
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-06-2022
AOR Received.
30-08-2022
File Transfer...
05-10-2022
Med's Request
20-09-2022
Med's Done....
06-10-2022
Interview........
NA
Yes and No. I took a 3weeks vacation to go get married. We met 4 times in person before the actual wedding. But first time in the same trip. Does that make sense?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even with all the pictures of different ceremonies attended by several hundred guests from.both sides of the family. Arrange marriages in my culture happen like this. Won't they consider that?
You said that you met through a `matrimony app'. No mention of how people are married in your culture.

Not saying you will be questioned, or if you are if it will lead to anything bad. Red flags can sometimes be easily transformed into green flags with a few answers.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
They do take cultural norms into account. Is meeting on a dating app and then getting married on the first visit (what you described sounds like meeting on the first visit to me) common in your culture? If so you have less to worry about than someone for whom it's very unusual.

Have you spent time together since the wedding?

Avi_Immigration

Dec 8, 2022
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-06-2022
AOR Received.
30-08-2022
File Transfer...
05-10-2022
Med's Request
20-09-2022
Med's Done....
06-10-2022
Interview........
NA
They do take cultural norms into account. Is meeting on a dating app and then getting married on the first visit (what you described sounds like meeting on the first visit to me) common in your culture? If so you have less to worry about than someone for whom it's very unusual.

Have you spent time together since the wedding?
Yes we have spent time since the wedding while I was there. Yeah we met through a matrimony app in 2020 just shortly after the lockdowns came into effect. So, in our culture there are a lot of people who gets married this way. But they dont go through immigration in canada so I was worried. Yeah it was a first meeting when I went back home. We met 4 times before the actual wedding but in the same month if that makes sense.

Thanks for answering tho. Gave me a little relief.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Yes we have spent time since the wedding while I was there. Yeah we met through a matrimony app in 2020 just shortly after the lockdowns came into effect. So, in our culture there are a lot of people who gets married this way. But they dont go through immigration in canada so I was worried. Yeah it was a first meeting when I went back home. We met 4 times before the actual wedding but in the same month if that makes sense.

Thanks for answering tho. Gave me a little relief.
Have you had any more visits since the wedding trip? Or made more plans for visits? How long after the wedding did you apply?

Avi_Immigration

Dec 8, 2022
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-06-2022
AOR Received.
30-08-2022
File Transfer...
05-10-2022
Med's Request
20-09-2022
Med's Done....
06-10-2022
Interview........
NA
Have you had any more visits since the wedding trip? Or made more plans for visits? How long after the wedding did you apply?
We applied 3 months after we got married. It hasn't been a year yet. And no haven't visited since the wedding. Can't get off from work before a year as used all vacation days for the wedding.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We applied 3 months after we got married. It hasn't been a year yet. And no haven't visited since the wedding. Can't get off from work before a year as used all vacation days for the wedding.
You may need an interview. In situations where couples have not doesn’t spend together this is common. It would have been better for you to have net in person once and then on the second visit get married but it’s too late for that so nothing you can do about it. You aren’t the first person to get married on the first visit. Sponsorship will likely take 1+ years (especially if you need an interview) and there will be months where you don’t hear anything. That is standard and you’re at the very beginning of the process. If you have AOR already you are doing well.