+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on leaving Canada and coming back

xmahlx

Jun 18, 2015
I have been a PR since 2009. I somehow forgot to re-new my PR card. It expired March of 2014. I applied to re-new it in May.

I was wondering if I could walk across the border from Niagara falls, Canada and enter Niagara Falls, United States so my sister can pick me up. Her american passport is expired so she is unable to drive across the Canadian border and when I come back could I walk over with my expired card?

I do meet the residency requirements in Canada. I have only been out of Canada for under 10 days. (I have filed taxes and had jobs in the last six years and been on maternity leave as well as my record of landing)

If anyone can give me advice.

I am just concerned because my almost two year old son would be with me, and I really do not want to have issues coming back into Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can but it might not be a 100% smooth entry coming back. You will at least get a talking to about why you didn't renew your PR card sooner. Just in case, bring a couple of utility bills and a pay slip to prove that you are living in Canada and employed.