N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 31, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 9, 2016
Help, please, and thanks.

Outland PR app was received in Mississauga on Monday, May 30, with everything but my wife and step-daughter's medical exams being completed. Their medical appointment was on Friday, June 3rd, and a CIC agent indicated that I could still submit the PR application without the upfront medical being included, but since the medical appointment had been already been booked, it would still be an upfront medical, and that I should send my wife and step-daughter's results in to CIC either once I was approved as a sponsor, or as soon as our file was sent to the office in Kiev, Ukraine. Sounds simple enough, I think.

Things possibly get a bit more complicated now that my wife and I are applying for her to be granted a TRV, for a short visit this summer. We are using a representative in Ukraine to help my wife with her application, and they are doing it online. In the online questionnaire, to determine what documents she needs to submit, they were asked if my wife has had a medical exam (usually only required for a TRV stay of over 6 months). Wanting to be honest and not jeopardize our PR app, she answered that she had a medical exam done already, so now, for her TRV application, it is asking her to submit the medical exam results. This causes me concern, because I have not yet received a code from the CIC regarding our PR app, and if I understand correctly, I won't receive this until the initial 43 days have expired and the CIC has approved me as a sponsor. It is at this time that I must make the CIC aware of the code that the panel physician has assigned to my wife and step-daughter's medical exam results. Is my concern unfounded that her medical exam code could be inadvertently used for her TRV, when it is intended for her PR app? Can one medical exam be used for both her TRV and PR app? I really can't afford to unnecessarily use up her medical exam on a 4 week stay TRV, when it is intended for her PR app. Should we just submit her medical exam results with her TRV app and get the Ukrainian representative to make a special note explaining why the medical exam has been done and what it should be used for? Have I made sense?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks for the help.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
CanadianPrairieGent said:

Outland PR app was received in Mississauga on Monday, May 30, with everything but my wife and step-daughter's medical exams being completed. Their medical appointment was on Friday, June 3rd, and a CIC agent indicated that I could still submit the PR application without the upfront medical being included, but since the medical appointment had been already been booked, it would still be an upfront medical, and that I should send my wife and step-daughter's results in to CIC either once I was approved as a sponsor, or as soon as our file was sent to the office in Kiev, Ukraine. Sounds simple enough, I think.

Things possibly get a bit more complicated now that my wife and I are applying for her to be granted a TRV, for a short visit this summer. We are using a representative in Ukraine to help my wife with her application, and they are doing it online. In the online questionnaire, to determine what documents she needs to submit, they were asked if my wife has had a medical exam (usually only required for a TRV stay of over 6 months). Wanting to be honest and not jeopardize our PR app, she answered that she had a medical exam done already, so now, for her TRV application, it is asking her to submit the medical exam results. This causes me concern, because I have not yet received a code from the CIC regarding our PR app, and if I understand correctly, I won't receive this until the initial 43 days have expired and the CIC has approved me as a sponsor. It is at this time that I must make the CIC aware of the code that the panel physician has assigned to my wife and step-daughter's medical exam results. Is my concern unfounded that her medical exam code could be inadvertently used for her TRV, when it is intended for her PR app? Can one medical exam be used for both her TRV and PR app? I really can't afford to unnecessarily use up her medical exam on a 4 week stay TRV, when it is intended for her PR app. Should we just submit her medical exam results with her TRV app and get the Ukrainian representative to make a special note explaining why the medical exam has been done and what it should be used for? Have I made sense?

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks for the help.
You can use the same medical exam for both PR and TRV.

However, I suggest you wait until after SA to apply for the TRV.

Your wife will have to show very strong ties and a compelling reason to return to her country to be approved for TRV.

I also don't think you need a representative for the application. There are so many horror stories about people using consultants on this forum.

Puffsphere

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
CanadianPrairieGent said:

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks for the help.
Yes you definitely can use the PR medical results for TRV. And I totally agree with a prvious comment that you try to avoid any consultants - waste of money. You have so much great information here, have a look on the Visitors thread. And good luck!