+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on ECA for MBA from Symbiosis

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Hey Himanshu,
Your timing is perfect to post this query of yours. I just got my ECA report from IQAS last week. I just wanted to inform you that applying for WES is a waste of time, effort and money. Which degree are you trying to get assessed? UG or PG?

Jul 9, 2020
Hey Himanshu,
Your timing is perfect to post this query of yours. I just got my ECA report from IQAS last week. I just wanted to inform you that applying for WES is a waste of time, effort and money. Which degree are you trying to get assessed? UG or PG?
Both actually. My bachelors is from IP Uni (Delhi) and Master's from Symbiosis (Pune). It is advisable to get assessed both the degrees right?

Jul 9, 2020
Both actually. My bachelors is from IP Uni (Delhi) and Master's from Symbiosis (Pune). It is advisable to get assessed both the degrees right?
Wes gives the result faster but does not provide Master's equivalency whereas IQAS will but will take a lot of time. So, i was confused, which one to go fwd with

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Wes gives the result faster but does not provide Master's equivalency whereas IQAS will but will take a lot of time. So, i was confused, which one to go fwd with

Yeah you're right. I didn't get WES Masters Equivalency either, however I did get that from IQAS and it doesn't takes that long tbh. You can go ahead with IQAS and CES. I'm definitely not recommending WES to you since SIU isn't recognised by them and you'll miss out on 7 points. For me WES consumed more time than IQAS.

Reactions: HimanshuTanwar
Jul 9, 2020
Yeah you're right. I didn't get WES Masters Equivalency either, however I did get that from IQAS and it doesn't takes that long tbh. You can go ahead with IQAS and CES. I'm definitely not recommending WES to you since SIU isn't recognised by them and you'll miss out on 7 points. For me WES consumed more time than IQAS.
Thank you so much! Could you pls elaborate on the process of getting transcripts from SIU pls. I'm living in Bangalore and travelling to Pune right now seems a little difficult.

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Thank you so much! Could you pls elaborate on the process of getting transcripts from SIU pls. I'm living in Bangalore and travelling to Pune right now seems a little difficult.

Its all online and Easy. Download Transcript Form from HERE and just follow the process mentioned in the PDF.

Jul 9, 2020
Its all online and Easy. Download Transcript Form from HERE and just follow the process mentioned in the PDF.
Hey @mnimsarkar, went through the link. Thanks again for helping! Some specific questions
1. Should we demand one consolidated transcript or individual ones for all 4 semesters
2. How do i calculate the attestation charges
3. Do i need to send in application form and attested transcripts with payment receipt over email or a hard copy

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Is the process the same for SIBM Pune as well ? Institute officials are saying MBA from SIBM is recognized as 2 years Master's. Now I am confused.
Yeah it's the process is the same for SIBM too since it comes under SIU. I'm 99.9% sure but still give it a double check since I'm not from SIBM. Only problem you'll face is if ur course is Distance Learning from SCDL (which is out of the question for you I think).

Regarding what officials are saying.. I think they're right. But you must know that WES won't give you "Masters" as Canadian recognition. It's just IQAS and CES that are offering as Masters. For officials all ECA bodies are same and if one out of the 4 gives Masters so they believe ALL consider it as Masters. My partners WES MBA was considered "FOUR YEARS BACHELORS" so you don't wanna miss 7 points for something that isn't ur fault. Hope this helps.

Reactions: lucifercad

lucifercad

Jul 21, 2020
Thanks @mnimsarkar and @HimanshuTanwar for your advice. Its really surprising that the officials have specifically confirmed that WES offers Master's for SIBM Pune's MBA and added that a lot of students have got it verified recently. I was really confident and have also created profile on WES but then thought of rechecking on specific forums as well and hence the reason for the confusion. WES was attractive as the turnaround time is lower and I was thinking of entering the pool asap as I am already done with IELTS but alas I guess I will have to go via CES which I am assuming takes 3 months on an average.

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Hey @mnimsarkar, went through the link. Thanks again for helping! Some specific questions
1. Should we demand one consolidated transcript or individual ones for all 4 semesters
3. Do i need to send in application form and attested transcripts with payment receipt over email or a hard copy
All good man, happy to help. And to answer you:
1. Once you apply, you apply for THE WHOLE package of TRANSCRIPT (ie all 4 sems CONSOLIDATED into 1file) you don't need to apply specifically for each sem.

2. If you'd be more specific what you wanna know I'll be glad to help you out.

3. I'll answer it step wise:
a) fill the application for transcript form
b) make payment online
c) screenshot the payment for their reference
d) send (email) them a) & c) . No need to send any hard-copy. Also, you don't need to send YOUR copy of Attested Transcript. The whole purpose of ECA is for the UNI to send them the documents they need.

Hope this helps.

mnimsarkar

Nov 6, 2019
Thanks @mnimsarkar and @HimanshuTanwar for your advice. Its really surprising that the officials have specifically confirmed that WES offers Master's for SIBM Pune's MBA and added that a lot of students have got it verified recently. I was really confident and have also created profile on WES but then thought of rechecking on specific forums as well and hence the reason for the confusion. WES was attractive as the turnaround time is lower and I was thinking of entering the pool asap as I am already done with IELTS but alas I guess I will have to go via CES which I am assuming takes 3 months on an average.

Happy to help man. You'll be surprised, it took me 3 months for my WES ECA report however 4 months for my spouse. Despite being from the same UG Colleges & UNI. Their Turnaround time is an unintended TRAP for at least Symbians! If I were you I'd apply for ECA with both IQAS and CES (despite the cost). Cause if CES changes rules during this time you'll lose out on value-able time doing this stuff all over again only to find out you have to go with IQAS. Just trying to keep you aware of the best case scenario for you. Whatever suits you best.

Sferr

Jul 28, 2020
Hi, I had called SIU. Apparently you can do the entire process online. SIU will send the documents to the email address you request them. This should shorten the time spent I’m guessing.
Only SIU needs to send it through a secure transcript service provider like true copy (mentioned on the ces website under country specific documents). They charge Rs. 500 to process the documents and Rs. 800 for delivery to CES. Processing time after truecopy recieves the transcripts from the university and the payment is 3-4 working days.
Will be trying this myself in the coming week. Hope this works and helps!