+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice on Co-op Work Permits

R_P

Nov 12, 2019
Alberta
Hi y'all. So I'm enrolled in an 8-month software development program right now. (including the duration of the co-op) and was in the process of looking for internships. The course requires two months of intern/permanent work experience after graduation. But most postings I see are only either 4/8/12 months long. I was wondering if I can apply for 4 month long postings since that is still 50% of the total duration of the program but I will probably graduate some time after two months in the internship.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can apply but depends on if the company will take you. Also you would have to follow the work rules after graduation. i.e your coop work permit would no longer be valid so you will only be allowed to work part time until you receive graduation confirmation, then stop working until you apply for pgwp, then you can work full time again.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi y'all. So I'm enrolled in an 8-month software development program right now. (including the duration of the co-op) and was in the process of looking for internships. The course requires two months of intern/permanent work experience after graduation. But most postings I see are only either 4/8/12 months long. I was wondering if I can apply for 4 month long postings since that is still 50% of the total duration of the program but I will probably graduate some time after two months in the internship.
you're co-op load is not supposed to be more than 50% of the course load. So keep an eye on that.

Deepthich

Oct 20, 2019
Hello all IAM currently in 1 year course with final 3 months of co-op starting from September till December 2020 ,I have applied for study permit extension along with co-op permit on Oct 2019 and received approval on Feb 19 2020, however I did receive my study permit hard copy on March first week but never received my co op work permit, I wrote the same issue IRCC they asked me to contact after April 6 th ,I did so now they come up with new email asking me to apply through mail with lengthy process .Can someone please help me on this.