+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice needed !

Nedian0607

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
I would like to hear from people who have been thru the pain of choosing and applying to unis in Canada... OK so here's a lil abt my profile... 7.0 IELTS... BE in mechanical engg... NED University.. 66% i.e, 3 gpa according to my Uni... I'm interested in applying for MEng in Industrial Engg/Mech & Manufacturing Engg./Engineering Management for fall sem.... Currently working in a company as a management trainee from 1st August....

1. What are my chances for getting into Uni of Alberta ?

2. What other unis would be better to apply to ? .. having low cost and good ranking like U of T...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

golden_sky_18

Star Member
May 4, 2011
1) I had 74% (3.3GPA) 7.5 Ielts and three months internship at NIE Islamabad and alas I was refused from U of A.
my brother who had less IELTS and less % DID got im U of A.

I think it was due to departments, he was in Petroleum me in Electrical. So all I can say is that no one can tell you either you will get admission or NOT , you just have to apply with the best you can (attach a cover letter saying why you want to study at U of A it does make a difference).

2)I dont think there are many (or any) universities having ranking like U of T but less fees.
though imo the cheapest uni's in canada are.
U of Sasketchwan
U of Regina
U of Victoria (where hopefully I would be going InshaAllah)