+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice Needed - SINP - Tricky siutation

Petoon

Mar 10, 2019
Hi all
Finally after 3 years of struggle and waiting, I received an invitation from Saskatchewan to send an official application for nomination. The situation is a bit tricky though:

I have a bachelor degree in Pharmacy which was assessed as Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (5 years) by PEBC. This is equivalent to a Professional degree needed to practice a licensed profession in Canada, which earns the same points as master degree in the federal express entry system. For this reason, I selected my highest degree level as Master in my expression of interest submitted for SINP. Is that correct? will they understand that this a professional degree and treated as master as per the federal points scale?

Second, I was based on my NOC 4164 ( Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers). That is because I have 5 years of work experience as project manager in international aid organization (UN). Now, the Pharmacy degree is not really relevant to my NOC. will that be a problem?
P.S. I actually just completed a 1 year online master degree in international relations from an Italian university, but not sure i will have enough time to get a ECA for this. I only have 2 months to send the application as youll know. Is it likely that WES process this within 2 months?

Ready to pay for a regulated immigration consultant for advice, if you recommend this and suggest an experienced consultant

Regards

olios1332

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Belgrade VFS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there

I am not sure if they are going to see that as master, you should apply via WES for ECA, for the processing time it will be 2 months.

As for the noc and your education, it does not matter it does not have to be connected.

I assume that you are going with Occupation in demand?

Kind regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yah that is the occupation in demand.
As for the categorizing the professional degree as master, please check this tool
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html
type pharmacy, and you will see pharmacy degrees are recognized as professional degrees and earn 126 points, what master degrees do.
Does that make more sense now?
It doesn't really.

Your education was evaluated as a Bachelor degree and that's what you should have selected under SINP. The fact a professional degree gives you the same points as a Master's under Express Entry is irrelevant.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
SINP is very strict in their requirements and it is clearly stated that your education must match your NOC. Pharmacy is not related to your NOC and the pharmacist NOC is ineligible for SINP. Most likely your application will be rejected. WES may not be completed within 8 weeks.

olios1332

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Belgrade VFS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
SINP is very strict in their requirements and it is clearly stated that your education must match your NOC. Pharmacy is not related to your NOC and the pharmacist NOC is ineligible for SINP. Most likely your application will be rejected. WES may not be completed within 8 weeks.

Where did you read that ? Maybe for OID but not for international skilled worker employment offer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where did you read that ? Maybe for OID but not for international skilled worker employment offer
OP never said that there was an employment offer. Assumed it was OID or EE. And for OID and EE, your NOC and education must match. It is specifically outlined in the eligibility requirements.

Your above work experience must be in the field of your completed post-secondary education or training.
  • Your work experience must be related to your job and education.

Petoon

Mar 10, 2019
Ok I amna drop it. I amna drop the whole Canada thing. I am fed up three years of working and stress, repeating English exams for more than 10 times, spending hell of money on the ECA ... and then they take people with CRS as low as 75!!! I am not lucky enough to be a student in Canada

gbolahan75

Feb 16, 2021
Ok I amna drop it. I amna drop the whole Canada thing. I am fed up three years of working and stress, repeating English exams for more than 10 times, spending hell of money on the ECA ... and then they take people with CRS as low as 75!!! I am not lucky enough to be a student in Canada
Maybe we should all look inward and think of better things we can do in our home country.

Petoon

Mar 10, 2019
If I had a country I would have never thought of Canada. I am stateless, born stateless. All I wanted is not bring stateless kids. That's all truly.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If that's your situation, then you can always move ahead with the application and see what happens.

Based on the information you've provided, I think the education bit is going to be a problem.

However you can always give it a shot, include an explanation letter / supporting documents and hope you get lucky.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Petoon

Mar 10, 2019
Thanks for that. You mean explaining my statelessness situation. If you guys believe there is a possibility for such a thing can to considered? Then I ll go for it and give it a shot
Thanks all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for that. You mean explaining my statelessness situation. If you guys believe there is a possibility for such a thing can to considered? Then I ll go for it and give it a shot
Thanks all
No - your stateless situation will not be considered and will not influence the decision. There is no point explaining your stateless situation.

I'm saying that you can try to argue that your education is a Master's degree and see if you get lucky.

Taqi123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
I'm a valid simp Copr holder after 18th March, can I use/show my maintained POF money for the purpose bank statement(as sponsor) of my siblings for Canadian student Visa, or I still have to maintain till I depart from Pakistan (keeping view covid-19 situation, i'm not confirmed about my landing). Pls response

TaeTae

Feb 15, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
It is there on their website and it is one of the major reasons for ineligible applications