+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice is needed for EE application with non-accompanying spouse

Madmax9010

Mar 1, 2020
Hi All,
I really need some advice on the application of Express Entry.

I am currently on H1b and my wife is on H4, we are living in Seattle, WA. We are interested in applying Canada pr. My wife can achieve a 470+ points without me, and we can also achieve a 470+ by applying together. The thing is that I do not really want to give up my US job at this moment. If I got the Canada PR as well, I know that will need to maintain the RO by traveling frequently between Seattle and Vancouver, which may cause some issues like car export/import or tax.

My questions are:
1) Will Canada gov cancel or revoke someone's pr if he/she is working in US and only present in Canada during weekends? If yes, can I reapply or revive my PR after?
2) If my wife applies EE without me. Is "I want to work in the US" a reasonable explanation for the non-accompanying spouse justification?
3) If my wife got the Canada PR, can I visit her frequently (twice a month) using a Canada visitor visa?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
I really need some advice on the application of Express Entry.

I am currently on H1b and my wife is on H4, we are living in Seattle, WA. We are interested in applying Canada pr. My wife can achieve a 470+ points without me, and we can also achieve a 470+ by applying together. The thing is that I do not really want to give up my US job at this moment. If I got the Canada PR as well, I know that will need to maintain the RO by traveling frequently between Seattle and Vancouver, which may cause some issues like car export/import or tax.

My questions are:
1) Will Canada gov cancel or revoke someone's pr if he/she is working in US and only present in Canada during weekends? If yes, can I reapply or revive my PR after?
2) If my wife applies EE without me. Is "I want to work in the US" a reasonable explanation for the non-accompanying spouse justification?
3) If my wife got the Canada PR, can I visit her frequently (twice a month) using a Canada visitor visa?

Thanks!
You are not required to frequently travel. You can land and then be out of Canada for up to 3 years before you fail to meet the RO.

1. If you didn't meet the RO, status can be revoked.

2. Yes.

3. That is a lot of visits. You may end up eventually being refused entry.